PDA

View Full Version : Well its the morning after...

Captain
12-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Hope everyone here had a great Christmas, ate good, got all they wanted and wanted all they got! ;-) My daughter and her husband came in from Tennessee and Hammerhead and his main squeeze was also present. So we were all together as a family and that was worth the whole Christmas "hassle" got to spend time with my folks and Cheryl's folks also. We are lucky to still have everyone around us. Trying to slip in a deer hunt this morning before leaving early tomorrow for a couple days of some world serious duck hunting on the coast with Hammerhead! That boy is about grown and gone so I really enjoy the times I have with him.
This deer season has been a very different season. Deer not being where they "normally" are, surgery and shoulder problems for me and obligations to my folks as they age has taken a toll on my numbers this year.
Maybe 14 will be better, but I'm really not complaining about this year. Just different, not worse. I'm thankful for all you dufes and I know everyone here has had both good and bad times this year also. We are missing a few of the old timers here and we must keep them in our minds also. So with Christmas laid by and New Years just a couple of days away, let's lift a glass of Wilderberry juice and put on your cast iron drawers and get ready for another year of given' each other hell!

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2013, 09:59 AM
That was well said, Larke! I'm proud to know ya little brother. Hope to get to fish with you and the young squire again some day. If for no other reason just to see y'all paddle a canoe.
And I hope they can find the parts to get everything fixed on ya soon. That makes it funner to do stuff for sure.
Its too early here for Wilderberry, but I just poured some Baileys in my coffee! Nazdrovia fuckers!
BKB

Big Muddy
12-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Well stated, Cuz....my grandson and I are on a deerstand this morning....I just got thru saying to him that I enjoy every moment out here with him, whether we shoot anything or not.
This beautiful early morning mist, and a few ole does walking around, just makes it even better, however.

Captain
12-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Never too early Barry...
You forget my motto;
If ya' gonna say you been drinking all day, you better start early. :D

Buckrub
12-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Merry Day After Christmas, Guys. I appreciate all of you more than you know.

Captain
12-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Eddie, looks like I was posting at the same time you were! Cool picture of the nanny goats.
I don't have a grand yet to take alone.... Maybe one day! :D