PDA

View Full Version : UPS

Buckrub
12-27-2013, 01:46 PM
http://money.msn.com/investing/post--why-ups-was-overwhelmed-on-christmas-eve

I don't get the furor over UPS being a little late on some packages. They are great, I love 'em, and they do wonderful work. I WISH they'd allow firearms, but that's a different story.

I order online a lot, and they deliver. If they are/were late on some, get a grip.

If you want to complain, complain about the Postal Service. They're abominable.

Thumper
12-27-2013, 02:09 PM
To be honest, I have NO problem with USPS. I just checked my eBay account sheet and I've had 790 transactions (that's just my SALES and not counting what I've ordered personally) so far this year. 100% of those transactions (sold AND purchased) have been handled by USPS and so far (knock on wood) ... not one item has been lost OR damaged. They've had their problems but it seems (to me anyway) that they've made some improvement. As for the UPS/FedEx thing going on now, I think what has most people pissed off is that they paid a premium for "delivery by Christmas" and didn't get what they paid for. Odd, I haven't heard one word about the Post Office getting hammered with the same complaints.

eBay Seller account 2013:

Sales to date: $19,654.60
Transactions: 790

BarryBobPosthole
12-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Bucky doesn't use 'em, but he knows they're abominable.

I've seen my postman. He may be crazy as a shithouse rat, but he's no snowman.

BKB

Buckrub
12-27-2013, 04:07 PM
My postman can't find my house. My mail goes to the house across the street. Their mail goes to the house next door to me.

BarryBobPosthole
12-27-2013, 04:25 PM
Why don't y'all just exchange numbers?

Seems simple enough to me. Must government do EVERYTHING?

BKb

Buckrub
12-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Not even 2014, and you're smokinnnnnn....

Big Muddy
12-27-2013, 04:31 PM
My postman can't find my house. My mail goes to the house across the street. Their mail goes to the house next door to me.

Even though USPS sucks most of the time, it prolly ain't your postman's fault....computers sort the mail.

BUT, perhaps, your neighbors who DO get their mail correctly, are nice to him, and thank him for his service and hard work, and leave him cookies occassionally, and give him $10 bucks for Christmas....just saying....;)

Buckrub
12-27-2013, 04:33 PM
No. They're all scared to death of him.

Big Muddy
12-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Okay, then next time he screws your mail up, kick his azz....no, scratch that....gov't employee....you'll go to jail.

Tell him you'll up his Christmas gift to $20 bucks, if you get your mail correctly....no, scratch that....gov't employee....that's bribery....jail time.

HIRE someone to kick his azz. ;)

Buckrub
12-27-2013, 06:01 PM
The meek shall inherit the earth.

I just live with it. Besides one neighbor is my mother, and the other one across the street is sorta hot. Exchanging wrongly delivered mail ain't a biggie. But he sure does mess it up a lot! UPS never does.

Big Muddy
12-27-2013, 09:40 PM
The meek shall inherit the earth.

I just live with it. Besides one neighbor is my mother, and the other one across the street is sorta hot. Exchanging wrongly delivered mail ain't a biggie. But he sure does mess it up a lot! UPS never does.

What's those old sayings?

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but will never date the homecoming queen." ( Anon.)

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights." ( J. Paul Getty )

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but won't carry the Lombardi Trophy home." ( Some football guy )