PDA

View Full Version : Even Better Quality Time!

Big Skyz
12-28-2013, 01:02 PM
It took us a day to figure the fish out and also find some "soft" water. For you Southerner's that means water that isn't frozen. Anyway, once we did, things started to come together. Here's just a few pic's of how things went once we got it figured out. I couldn't have asked for better company or better weather, both were perfect.

First fish of the day.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/AaronAdams12-26-13B_zpsc0a1f6a3.jpg

Here's my son landing a brown trout. It was an absolutely beautiful little fishing hole. We just knew something had to be in it, so we were pleased when he hooked this fish. You can actually see it flipping on the bank about 4 feet in front of his boots. While none of these fish are huge they are all native, no put and take stocked trout around here.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/AaronAdams12-27-13FSM_zps78c53b78.jpg

Closer pic of the fish that was being landed in the above photo.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/AaronAdams12-27-13GSM_zps3b81a2be.jpg

We didn't catch many rainbows. I think we got maybe 4 or 5 between us. This was a nice fish in another absolutely awesome looking fishing hole. I wish some of you guys could experience what we are so fortunate to have out here. We were the only one's on the water. The weather was warm for December in Montana, with temperatures between 45 to 55 degrees. Spending time with my oldest son and successfully catching fish is about as good as it gets.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/AaronAdams12-27-13LSM_zps6d5c4278.jpg

Big Muddy
12-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Awesome pics, Sky!!!

How do ya'll cook trout??? I tried eating them a couple of times from the streams in northern Ark., but was never impressed with them.

Big Skyz
12-28-2013, 01:31 PM
In answer to your question this is what happens with every trout we catch. I never could develop a taste for eating them.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/AaronAdams12-27-13M_zps1342a728.jpg

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I see no pics..............

Big Skyz
12-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Open your eyes, they're right there.

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 01:43 PM
No pics in your thread. None in the first one, although I saw them yesterday. Not there now.

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Here's a cut and paste of your entire post:

Even Better Quality Time!

It took us a day to figure the fish out and also find some "soft" water. For you Southerner's that means water that isn't frozen. Anyway, once we did, things started to come together. Here's just a few pic's of how things went once we got it figured out. I couldn't have asked for better company or better weather, both were perfect.

First fish of the day.

Here's my son landing a brown trout. It was an absolutely beautiful little fishing hole. We just knew something had to be in it, so we were pleased when he hooked this fish. You can actually see it flipping on the bank about 4 feet in front of his boots. While none of these fish are huge they are all native, no put and take stocked trout around here.

Closer pic of the fish that was being landed in the above photo.

We didn't catch many rainbows. I think we got maybe 4 or 5 between us. This was a nice fish in another absolutely awesome looking fishing hole. I wish some of you guys could experience what we are so fortunate to have out here. We were the only one's on the water. The weather was warm for December in Montana, with temperatures between 45 to 55 degrees. Spending time with my oldest son and successfully catching fish is about as good as it gets.

Big Muddy
12-28-2013, 01:59 PM
I see no pics..............

Hook up your depth finder to your travel trailer tv dish, and turn on your street light....that oughta do it. ;)

Fido
12-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Is that the football player of the family?

Big Skyz
12-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Fido, all three of my oldest boys played football. My oldest however was not obsessed by it like his brother just younger than him. My oldest and I have shared a lot of time outdoors hunting and fishing. My second oldest is the one that broke his back playing football his senior year. Still gives him a lot of trouble. He is now living and working in Utah with my oldest son. Thankfully they get along really well. My third oldest played some great football this year and is now involved with wrestling.

jb
12-28-2013, 02:57 PM
I find rainbow to be excellent tasting fish, order them whenever I find them on the menu.
You are one lucky man, great kids and a great location.

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Now I see the pictures. What changed?

Rainbow trout are nasty tasting usually. I can tolerate them skinned, gutted, deheaded, and wrapped up tight in aluminum foil with about a pound of cow butter, and grilled. Sorta edible.

Thumper
12-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Lynn likes 'em ... me? ... Sky and I have the same taste for fish. I can eat 'em ... but will go for most anything else on the menu first. If I DO eat 'em ... they need to be battered and fried fillets, but I don't think Rainbows are usually cooked that way. :(

BarryBobPosthole
12-28-2013, 06:41 PM
I've had rainbows, brookies, and kokanee and all three are very good table fare if they're prepared very fresh. Grilled is awesome as is pan fried. Oncethey're frozen though, they are inedible in my book. They just turn to mush. That likely why I've never found a restaurant that does a good job on them. The brookies I had were on a backpacking trip in RMNP and they are to this day one of the best memories of catching and eating fish ever. The brookies we catch over in Arkansas are too pretty to eat, likethe cutthroats are.

BKB

Niner
12-29-2013, 05:14 AM
Sooooo what did y'all catch them on?

Arty
12-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Great pics and scenery...and even greater memories made!
Thanks for sharing.

Captain
12-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Man that looks like a ton of fun... I think I could get use to doing that regular. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

airbud7
12-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Fun stuff right there...I have never eaten a brown trout though...

Big Skyz
12-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Niner, on Panther Martin spinners. However, I found a new creek I hadn't fished before and this Spring I'm planning on giving those plastic worms a try you sent me. I'm thinking they will be the perfect bait for this particular creek. Spring can't get here fast enough!

Bwana
12-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Now that is what I am talking about, time WELL spent to be sure!!

Going to be tough keeping us away if you keep posting pics like that.