PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to be a permanent entitlement?

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 03:28 PM
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/27/22072633-long-term-jobless-facing-new-year-without-aid?lite=

I mean........is there ANY end to "unemployment benefits" for someone? Wasn't it six months originally?

Is it now to go forever? If a man is unemployed at age 30, can he expect every Congress to extend his benefits till he's 65?

Does unemployment benefits count towards Social Security?

Do you realize very few of the unemployed even qualify for Unemployment Insurance? I know many unemployed who don't draw a dime, aren't qualified to because they didn't have permanent jobs where their employer paid unemployment insurance. The self employed, for example. Contractors.

Does anyone know the answers?

BarryBobPosthole
12-28-2013, 04:21 PM
I believe the story reported that the benefits were ending and were only put in place in the firstplace because of the lack of oversight that caused the recession that caused them to lose their jobs. But thats over now so the benefits are ending. Did I miss something? Where does it say they will go on until a person is 65?

BKB

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Where does it say they won't, if they keep extending them forever?

BarryBobPosthole
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Ah, ok, hadto go back and look. I didn't see the part where somebody was trying to extend them again. Its time to put an end to that stuff. I can't imagine that proposal getting much support. Of course, this congress does nothing logical. I thought the original extension was a good idea but now its just absurd. Especially sincethey haven't fixed the military pension stuff they screwed up in the last bill.
BKB

Buckrub
12-28-2013, 05:38 PM
amen, bro.

quercus alba
12-28-2013, 06:12 PM
if it wasn't so sad it would be laughable. I'd like to blame it on the democrats but the bottom line is they are doing exactly what their constituents want them to do. The whole country is over run with buffoons. I saw a tee shirt the other day that said it all, " common sense is so rare it should be considered a super power