PDA

View Full Version : Just came in off the ice..

HideHunter
12-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Caught a nice mess of crappie and bluegill. Friend of mine called, said he had been out twice and hadn't had a bite. We fixed that. 4 when we started but it warmed up to a balmy 13. Actually, no wind.. it was nice.

Stopped on the way back to run my snares and had a nasty old coyote. Take that you fawn-eatin' s.o.b..

Bwana
12-31-2013, 04:04 PM
I have yet to get out this year but as usual my father-in-law is out nearly every day. Probably a good thing he lives 125+ miles away or I have a feeling I might be taking more days off this winter.

Captain
12-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Y'all are on Crack. I once went fishing in February here when it was so cold we had to break ice to put the boat in. It was just icy around the edges of the lake. Then while we were fishing, about every 4th or 5th cast we would have to put the rod down in the water to melt the ice out of the eyes of the rod. I remember thinking how crazy it was. I caught 2 bass that day one was 10.2 and the other was 10.8. I have them both mounted on one panel at home.
I would not do it again if I knew I would catch two bigger! Y'all can have the Sheeeeit

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
12-31-2013, 05:49 PM
It's all they have, Cappy. They ain't got a choice, other than to sit and wait till June.

Sad way to live. Just sad, I tell you. *Sniff*

But don't let on how we have likkid water all year.......they'll be moving down here in droves.

OK, wait..........

Captain
12-31-2013, 06:19 PM
It's beyond me how anyone could look at a weather forecast with temps in the single digits and fishing even crosses their mind....
We get much below freezing here and all I'm studying is how many clothes I'll have to put on to go outside and get firewood! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
12-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Our water freezes all the time ... in frigging ICE TRAYS! Ya'll just ain't right. :crazy

BarryBobPosthole
12-31-2013, 08:12 PM
If you ain't been, then you need to try it before you knock it. Its about the most fun you can have with clothes on.

BKB

Thumper
12-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Sittin' and fishin' out the window of the truck while keeping warm with a cab full of methane don't count. ;)

Chicken Dinner
12-31-2013, 08:27 PM
It's a dry cold. If I lived up that way, I'd be all over it.

Buckrub
12-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Posthole, someday we're gonna agree wholeheartedly on sumpin'.

This ain't it!