PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout we start a Good Hunting New Year's tradition?

Thumper
01-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Kinda like the old "Halloween" parties we used to have ... that more or less died out when Helen abandoned us.

Just simple "words or phrases" ... (or any other "reminder") of present or past members. Just post a word or sentence without mention of whom it's referring to and we'll answer it with a name/moniker. It might make it easier to try a numbering system to keep the answers organized in case we get a shit load of clues. Got the idea from another recent post here today.

VERY SIMPLE EXAMPLES of a word or two ....

1) "Pink Pants".

Or,

2) "Wadders".

Simple clues ... simple answers. But some, may go back a few years and take a bit more thinking. (words, phrases or sentences will work) Example:

3) "Satellite dish in deer stand"

Some could lead to multiple answers ... kinda like a tv show that results in a "spin-off". Example:

4) "Mouser"

Kinda dumb ... but it may take hold and bring back some fond and/or amusing memories ... and "could" even start a New Year's tradition.

Just thought of a new rule ... if the "hint" refers to "YOU" ... you're disqualified from answering. Example:

5) "Big White Johnson" (the white boy here with a "big one", cannot answer this) ;)

It just hit me, the numbering system will obviously get fubar'ed eventually ... maybe we should use the original poster's handle as well as the number in his/her post. Example:

Sunshine posts hints 1-3 and anyone who answers HER post will state ... "Sunshine #2 ... XXX ... sumpin' like that. I can see a question/answer cluster-fuck on the horizon, but whatever ... we can work it out as we go along I suppose. What'cha think? Post your hints list and/or your answers and let's see where it takes us.

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2014, 01:41 PM
You're gonna have to translate that into English.

But I'll start and see if I do it right.

Here's the hint:

6) "How does one get a skunk out from under the porch?"

BKB

Thumper
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
It is a bit wordy huh? I'm sure it'll be a work in progress to iron out the "bugs". I think the toughest part (which you've already screwed up) is some way to identify the questions/hints to pair them with the answers. I mentioned numbering them ... but I foresee that being a disaster, so maybe a simple "cut & paste" (question/answer) would be better.

Good start on your part though ... I remember that story ... just not the details. I'm also a bit interested to see if anything comes up that I have zero recollection of .. from the time I spent in the hospital for example. I missed out on a few months of youse dufes and have no clue what happened during that time.

It'd be fun to start out with a shit-load of questions at first, then start answering later. That way, people could ponder on them for a while wondering what the "punch-line" is instead of a question with an immediate answer thrown out.

Can you tell it's a rainy/dreary day here and I'm a bit bored? :(

7) Lead Pants

P.S. Using the powers bestowed upon me by the Secret Committee, I altered your post to include the numbering system for your question. :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2014, 02:28 PM
8) a classic. The Chipmonk.

Thumper
01-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Ha ha! That's a classic alright! ;)

Who'd have made a post similar to this?

9) I dun alwaes spelt like this cuz I et tue mutch led paint chipz az a kid.

HideHunter
01-01-2014, 03:03 PM
10) Road-hunter (okay that ones probably too easy ;) )

Big Skyz
01-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Hey...

Captain
01-01-2014, 04:04 PM
I have an-so-lut-ly no clue what the hell Kribbs first post said nor what the hell y'all are doing.

11) Bicycle wreck...
12) Miata

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Captain, it appears to be some kinda random free association game that Pumpheads like to play.

BKB

Captain
01-01-2014, 04:18 PM
13) grease strainer
14) scope mounting 101

Thumper
01-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Sometimes I forget to tone down my intelligence with parts of this crowd. I have to learn how to make simple sentences and get into the "Me Tarzan, you Jane" mode. Sheeeesh, it's tough to fly like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys! ;)

15) Dennis Weaver
16) Juilliard (music) School

HideHunter
01-01-2014, 04:25 PM
17) I don't want to “give him a chance”. I don't want to “see how it goes”. I don't want him to be our Commander-in-Chief, I don’t want him analyzing The Second Amendment and I don't want him to handle our foreign affairs. He's already told us what he wants to do and now he wants to do it. It's extremely frightening.

Captain
01-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Captain, it appears to be some kinda random free association game that Pumpheads like to play. BKB

Now see THAT is an explanation ANYONE can understand :D

Thumper
01-01-2014, 05:03 PM
And I'm s'posed to take this grief from a guy who needs a ladder to get into the bottom bunk at deer camp. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2014, 05:04 PM
When are we supposed to start guessing who they're about and how?

BKB

Thumper
01-01-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't know ... sheesh! I was bored ... I figured we'd make the rules as we go. :D

I think a weekday would be more fun with more participants. Go ahead and give it a shot. I'm holding a few back for future use. I "think" they're pretty simple so far. This game prolly ain't to difficult for the old farts around this joint.

Captain
01-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Rules! We don't need no stinking rules.....

HideHunter
01-01-2014, 05:11 PM
18) “Our current state of red/blue politics is like the final throes of a bad marriage. It’s become not about achieving reconciliation, or even an end, but how much pain can be inflicted before one side walks away…”

Thumper
01-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Rules! We don't need no stinking rules.....

I know! I know!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TFwprS_L6tg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Captain
01-01-2014, 05:24 PM
One of the best flicks ever!

Thumper
01-01-2014, 05:28 PM
One of the best flicks ever!

I totally agree! I've prolly watched it a hunnert times and could easily watch it a hunnert more. Lynn HATES that movie! ;)

Captain
01-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I think a weekday would be more fun with more participants

This IS a week day you pUMpHEAD....

Thumper
01-01-2014, 05:30 PM
This IS a week day you pUMpHEAD....

Oh yeah ...... I forgot. ;)

Buckrub
01-01-2014, 06:26 PM
What the..............

????

Arty
01-02-2014, 11:50 AM
I've read this 3 times and I'm still cornfused

Thumper
01-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Ya' know ... as a long-time member of Mensa, I should'a known youse dufes would have trouble hangin' with me. :moon

Buckrub
01-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I couldn't have read this three times if the gift of understanding it had been Cheryl Tiegs.

Thumper
01-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Here's an example to maybe help simplify things.

Statement/hint: (or even easier ... whom does this remind you of?) "I tried to fix the crown on my watch with a hammer, crowbar and a tire iron ... but I broke it."

Answer: "Bucky" ;)

Buckrub
01-02-2014, 12:37 PM
That's stupid.

I haven't had a watch since Feb 2011.

Thumper
01-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I just re-read my post above ... I never mentioned WHEN you tried to fix it. :biggrin

Sunshine
01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
13-Bucky
14-Bucky

I'm a blonde and I get it! :D

Thumper
01-02-2014, 04:24 PM
They're below us intellectually Sunny. Give 'em a day or two to "catch up". ;)