PDA

View Full Version : Good game Sooners

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2014, 01:35 AM
Proud of my team. Proud of Stoopsie and glad to see us get a chance to play the very best and win! This is why I love college football.

Boomer!

BKB

Captain
01-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Congrats Posthole! I saw up to the beginning of the 4th quarter and it was a great game!
My eyelids had an issue towards the last of the game. :D
I need to go check Facebook and see what all my Bama' buds are saying this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
01-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Great win, man. You get a whole year to talk smack! Good job.

Not a great game.....too many penalties, missed tackles, interceptions, turnovers.............but a very DRAMATIC game. And you give us SEC West Bottom Dwellers hope.

OU had zest, and energy, from the start. Bama just showed up. Still there were some jaw-dropping plays on both sides. First bowl game I've watched start to finish. I pulled for you. I just can't pull for Satan Saban, no matter how I try. Being a winner is not enough for me. I just hate arrogance more than anything, and he drips it.

Now we'll see if Malzahn can find a rabbit to pull out of a hat to stuff up Booger's nose or not. I'll withhold judgment on that one till it's over.

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I think the best bowl game left is OSU-Mizzou. Florida State will walk all over Auburn, IMO. They are hands down the best team in the country right now.

As far as smack talk goes, I'll leave that to others, at least until the next Texas game. I hear they're looking hard at Jim Mora out at UCLA. Talk about arrogant. Texas thinks they can can anybody they want, any time just cause they're Texas.

Here's an observation from this year's college football season and it's off the wall as you'd expect.

The very best teams in the country are those that haven't changed their uniforms for those ugly ass Pittsburgh Pirate/Houston Astro looking shit that Nike or someone makes. The top tier programs wear the same unis they always have. The wannabes all have gone over to the ?Nike 'Combat' style, ala Oregon, Okie Dokie State, Baylor, and so on. there was one bowl game where the uni's clashed so violently it almost made me car sick to watch it. Just my observation. Damned progressives.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
and where's Eddie? I need to give him some shit. Hopefully he watched the game with his Okie relatives and they gave him a rough time.

BKB

Buckrub
01-03-2014, 01:33 PM
You are new to the TeaSippers Arrogance. I dealt with it for most of my adult life. Then we snubbed 'em and walked off.

My pet peeve is the Big Twelve That Is Ten, and the Big Ten That Is Twelve. HIGHER Education? I mean, neither conference can even count!!! It's a disgrace.

When is OSU Mizzou? I have a 5 year old for a week.............I'm lucky to get to switch off of Disney Jr. for more than 2 seconds.........

BarryBobPosthole
01-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Its at 6:30 CT tonight.

I actually have no beef with any particular school in the SEC, except maybe LSU and that's mainly because of their shitty fans and their even shittier coach. When we played LSU in the Sugar Bowl for the national championship way back when (still hurts), LSU fans made total asses of themselves in New Orleans and were proud of it. simply put, the worse fans in college football.

My beef with the SEC is their contract with ESPN. And people outside the SEC can't understand why people look at them now with the hatred they've always had for Notre Dame and their big TV contract, one of the first in history, and NBC couldn't shut up talking about how their shit didn't stink and they were on TV to the exclusion of some very good games. And ESPN ought to at least have some level of attempting non-partiality. But they don't. At its core, all upper level programs will have almost the same level of athletic talent. A coach or coaches can make a big difference, a really good player can make a big difference, but when it comes down to it, they just have to get on the field and play and then anything can happen. Which is what I love about college football. ESPN thinks because of a conference affiliation, a team is extraordinarily gifted. Every single bowl game I've watched on ESPN this year that had a SEC team, the commentators made several comments about how 'they haven't seen stuff like this unless they've been in the SEC'. Well, yes they have. and Stoopsie was right; when you get below the third or fourth best team in the SEC they suck just as bad as any other conference. The only difference is, the friggin SEC doesn't play anybody out of conference and when they do they are about .500. check it out. It's true. so while their elite teams are really really friggin good, the rest of the conference rides their coattails. and that's the same in the Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10, and them all.

But fans of schools in the SEC can't seem to understand why the rest of the world is tired of hearing their bullshit. Especially from three idiots who dress up like judges and lawyers in order shout their opinions in a fake court of law. Its stupid and ridiculous.

and I'm done with my rant. Saban didn't move to Texas, OU didn't get the snot beat out of them, and all right in my myopic world.

Oh, and I'm even stevens with Eddie finally! (and I do feel bad about being a welcher)

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Just poured 3 fingers of Rare Breed and settled in for some football watching. Sure hope you're right about FSU, but i have my doubts.

Buckrub
01-04-2014, 12:24 PM
OSU lost, Texas sucks no matter who you are, you hate the SEC cause you ain't in it and they just KEEP putting teams in the title game and losers yell louder, ESPN is awesome because they show tons of sports, have great commercials, are the ONLY network even thinking of broadcasting in 1080p, and I don't listen to their commentators, I just watch their sports shows. Jimmie Dykes and Brad Nessler are the best team of basketball announcers EVER!!! And I'd have given your left nut if Saban had come to bother you instead of me.

Oh, and it appears we are the only SEC West Division school not in a Bowl Game. If anyone should be an underdog, it be the Piggies.

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2014, 01:04 PM
The SE
C and Big 12 both sent 9 teams to bowls games. That was 9/10 for the Big 12 and 9/14 for the SEC. I don't hate the SEC, I just think that they're about as good as any other conference. Hell, the Big 12's third best team put up 31 on the SEC's runner up. And the Big 12's second best team put up 31 in one half on the SEC's supposedly beat team. The vaunted SEC defenses are a myth. And LSU is the bestteam in the SEC right now whether you wanna believe it or not. They're the only ones who play defense up to the level of their hype.

BKB

Captain
01-04-2014, 01:08 PM
How 'bout them Tigers last night?? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
01-04-2014, 01:11 PM
We had NO defense. We couldn't compete in the Big 235........

And I didn't 'vaunt' their defenses.

And I don't like Lou Holtz or Mark May.

But playing an entire SEC Schedule is tough. Way tougher than the doubters believe.

And you still can't count. And counting is important. You can't teach Calculus and fail to know how to count.

And Spell. B1G ain't a word.