PDA

View Full Version : Un-frigging-believable! Maybe I should go to Vegas.

Thumper
01-04-2014, 07:59 PM
On New Year's Day, there was no mail pick-up, so I dropped a couple packages (eBay sales) off at the post office. On my way back to the parking lot, I glanced down and spotted a Visa Card on the sidewalk. I looked around but there was not another soul around. I picked it up, brought it home with me and called the card company. They confirmed it was an active card and had not been reported lost or stolen. I gave them the info, they cancelled the card and asked me to destroy it. They said they'd notify the customer and issue him a new card. I then took the old card and ran it through my shredder.

TODAY, Lynn and I stopped at Wally World to pick up a couple items and on the way out, I looked down and spotted a MasterCard on the sidewalk in front of the store! I called the issuing bank and again, it had not been reported lost or stolen! I figured they'd cancel it as the other company did, but they took my information (name and phone number) and said they'd try to contact the owner and see if he was in the area and could pick it up. WTF? Maybe I should go to a nice dinner first and fill my truck with gas ... I mean, the info I gave 'em was Bucky's name and number anydamnway! :D

I suppose if I don't hear from anybody within a few days, I'll grind this one also. Dang! If I weren't such an honest moron, I'd have had a pretty successful week!

Niner
01-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Hell's Bells Thumpy, ya should have put them up on The Bay.
:poke

airbud7
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Yea...^now that's a fun/luck day...:beer...

Thumper
01-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Well, the guy called tonight. Seems he's a fellow truck driver and was in town to visit his brother. He's hitting the road first thing Monday morning. He said he'd have been screwed because he uses that card for his fuel, meals, lodging and any other necessary expense while on the road and thought the card was in his wallet. He had no clue he'd lost it. I guess the bank knew that and that's why they didn't have me destroy it ... then tried to get us hooked up if at all possible. If he'd been on the road, they wouldn't have been able to "easily" get a replacement card to him. Anyway, we met up and I returned his card. He was a nice guy and pretty darn grateful.

I mentioned to Lynn when I got home about how crazy it was to find TWO cards within a week. Then she reminded me of the laptop I found on that car hood in Charleston, SC last month. I "think" I posted here about it. We had parked down the block and were walking to a restaurant for lunch, when I spotted a laptop on the hood of a parked car. I didn't see anyone around, so I left a note with my cell number listed and took the laptop with me. A while later, my phone rang and the lady who owned it was sitting in the same restaurant! When she noticed it missing, her husband ran back to the car where he found the note! Dang, I'm on a run here!

What sucks is, I'll prolly lose one of my cards now and some jerk-off will max it out before ditching it in a trash can. At least that's how MY luck usually runs. I "hope" I can depend on karma if I lose anything anytime soon.

Buckrub
01-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Our own Diogenes.

Good man.