PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I just have to shake my head and smile...

Big Skyz
01-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Unless one has actually taught in a public education environment, I don't think they can completely appreciate what I have to work with some times. Here is a good example from today. I had my students looking up some reference pictures on the internet to use with their current project. Suddenly I hear some of the students start laughing, and one student protesting. So I investigate...The one protesting blurts out (I kid you not)..."Mr. Adams I'm trying find a picture of thunder, and so far I can't find anything with an image search!"

You know, some times I just shake my head and laugh or smile, rather than run my head straight into a brick wall. Oh and btw, she is a pretty blonde, so I expect she will someday be a CEO. ;)

Hombre
01-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Maybe not CEO but they'll probably create one of those new positions for her Chief People Officer, Chief or some such.

Bwana
01-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Or at least be married to one.

airbud7
01-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Thunder...yea

Buckrub
01-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Two years was all I could take of it.

Hats off to you guys, for sure.

Thumper
01-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Insert blonde joke here: [.................................................. ..........................................] !! ;)

Sunshine
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
You just don't understand her!!!
Takes a blonde to understand a blonde!!! Lol :D

Big Muddy
01-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Takes a blonde to understand a blonde!!! Lol :D

Sooooo, is that where the phrase, "Dumb as two blondes", came from??? ;)

Several years ago, a recently-widowed woman(blonde) from our church called me, and asked me to come check out her riding lawn mower.
Her husband had always cared for their yard, and now, she wanted to save money, and do it herself....she said it cranked up just fine, and she had gone over the front and back yard, but it wasn't cutting the grass very well.

I got there, and cranked it up, made a couple of rounds in the yard, and it cut like a new mower.

She came out in the yard, and I told her to try it out, again, and away she went....WITHOUT engaging the blades.

I could understand her lack of knowledge, but day'um, she had gone over both the entire front and back yards without the blades engaged!!!

Blondes!!!! ;)