PDA

View Full Version : It's so cold this morning...

Chicken Dinner
01-07-2014, 08:47 AM
I actually saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets...

(An oldie, but a goodie.)

Thumper
01-07-2014, 09:06 AM
It's so cold here ... Lynn actually turned the heater on this morning. 'Course, she freezes half to death if the temp drops below 76. I went out in just a pair of shorts and flip-flops to start her car, turn the heater on high and turn the drivers seat heater on high. Sheeesh, after that, I stood talking to my neighbor who had been walking his dog and then the tree trimmers showed up to trim around the power lines. I was still out there talking with them when Lynn came out of the house looking like a frigging Eskimo! Blouse, sweater, medium jacket and a frigging down ski jacket over all of that! I hit the "OFF" button on the heater as soon as I got back into the house. Only s'posed to be in the 50's today, 60's tomorrow, then the mid-high 70's Thur - Fri and in the 80's this weekend. I guess today will be our winter. ;)

Fido
01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
I woke up at 0630 tooo -5 suppose tooo get too 50 by saturday!

Captain
01-07-2014, 10:43 AM
This just ain't Christain. It was 7 here this morning in SOUTH Carolina. The deal is we put up with heat and high humidity all summer so we don't have to live like Yankees during the winter.
Y'all need to keep this crap up there. I know there is a lot of y'all colder but we don't build stuff for 7 degrees down here so crap like this comes with a whole set of problems. Our water lines ain't that deep, our central heat ain't rated for this, we just ain't set up for this. And it ain't suppose to get above freezing until sometime tomorrow afternoon.
I don't like bitter cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
15 here this morning but we're on our way to 42 this afternoon so looks like this one's gonna break for us. We have one place in our house where our water pipes are on an outside wall (laundry room) and those pipes are frozen this morning. Hoping we can get through today and they'll thaw without any breakage (knock on wood).

BKB

Sunshine
01-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Guess I shoulda told you to drip your faucets!!!
Heck we have good insulated pipes and when it gets in the 20's I drip out pipes.

Good luck, with that frozen pipe!!! 50/50 chance its going to break!!

We have 40's during the day and upper 30's at night.
Rain coming in for the next week.
I'll take the rain over your cold temp any day!!

Big Muddy
01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
12 degrees here this morning....this is frigging Mississippi, this sheeit ain't suppose to happen here!!!!

My stuff is like Cap's, it ain't built for this sheeit!!!!

House pipes are just fine....I left the shop pipes dripping real good, but they beez froze solid, this morning....I can't clean a deer, even if I kilt one, without some water!!!! ;)

Buckrub
01-07-2014, 01:57 PM
What Cappy said.

jb
01-07-2014, 01:57 PM
-3 this AM, warmed up to 5 right now.
We're built for this and some what used to it, but add a 20mph wind, and it's just COLD!!!!!!!!!!
Wife wanted elect heated seats in her SUV for Christmas, and I wanted remote start for my truck, both have worked out well so far this winter.
I did dig my pac boots out last night to clean the drive, but after 12 years the rubber toe had rotted off.
Just ordered a new pair from Cabela's a few minutes ago. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footwear/Mens-Footwear/Mens-Pac-Winter-Boots%7C/pc/104797980/c/104747580/sc/103959180/Sorel174-Glacier8482-Boots/722081.uts?WTz_l=SBC%3BBRprd1357778%3Bcat103959180
Only good thing is we only have about 90 more days of this crap.

Thumper
01-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Remote start wouldn't have done much for me. The last I drove my truck was yesterday afternoon and I had the a/c on. If I'd have hit the remote start this morning, things would have been REALLY cooled down to start the day! ;)

Buckrub
01-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Get a Chevy. IT has a thermostat and turns on whatever system needs to be turned on to make the inside temperature go to what it's set for.

Thumper
01-07-2014, 02:24 PM
That's what Lynn's CAR has ... I drive a TRUCK! :D

Besides, the a/c is on 364 days/year. That wouldn't do me a whole lot of good anyway.

Buckrub
Me too. And it has that feature.

johnboy
We're having a real nice winter so far. It's 3c this morning with a little rain but it will be warming up for the rest of the week (7-8c) so that's ok. Had a little snow back in early Dec. but that didn't last too long so that was good. Green grass and crocus flowers starting to pop up already. Gotta love it compared to the deep freeze that the rest of Canada is in. We went back to Alberta for Christmas and that was more than enough frigid weather for this Left Coaster! :happy

Thumper
01-07-2014, 02:27 PM
No Bucky ... you drive a "Cowboy Cadillac". ;)

Johnboy ... were you able (or did you even try) to contact Marg?

Chicken Dinner
01-10-2014, 09:18 AM
31 degrees and freezing rain this morning. I'll take 3 degrees anydamnday.

BarryBobPosthole
01-10-2014, 09:22 AM
That's a recipe for disaster if there ever was one. Hope it either gets way colder or the rain stops. Those ice storms are not something I ever care to see again.

Thumper, I think the thing that car makers have done that women like the most are putting butt warmers in vehicles. Who'd have ever though that a toasty butt could make a woman so damned happy? They make my crack sweat, personally so I'm not a big fan.

BKB

Big Muddy
01-10-2014, 11:32 AM
It's so cold that the hookers are charging $20 bucks just to blow on your hands. ;)

Thumper
01-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah P-hole. I hated the last one. The switches protruded from the top of the console and were a "push-on/push-off" type switch to turn 'em on, then you'd turn 'em to set the temp (of course they stayed on high!). They were a pain in the ass, every time she got in the car, she'd set her purse down on top of the console and ALWAYS inadvertently turned the seat warmers on. We'd be going down the road 20 minutes later and I'd be sweating my ass off (LITERALLY) ... then realize the heater had been on all that time. The new one has the same type switch (hideaway) but you have to actually twist it to turn it on and off. Dang freezing ass wimmins! ;)

jb
01-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Wife loves her heated seats, my truck came with them along with my little BMW,(ya I use them in the summer when I want the top down on a cool night)
My truck also came with AC seats, now those are really great on hot days.
I"ve used my remote start just about every day since it was installed, sure makes it nice to enter a warm truck in the AM when it below O outside.