PDA

View Full Version : Friggin' Hackers

LJ3
01-08-2014, 09:52 AM
We had two debit cards compromised as a result of the Target hacking fiasco. On the upside, USAA rocks like no other. I haven't even had to speak to anyone. All cards being replaced, overnighted

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Target is really taking it in the shorts on this, as far as consumer confidence is concerned. You're the first person I have direct knowledge of though that got affected by it.

BKB

LJ3
01-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Maybe it was a geopgrphic compromise of some sort? I know at least a dozen or more people who were affected in this area and hell, I don't even talk to people very much.

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2014, 10:33 AM
It was on the local news here a lot over the holidays and from the news stories I got the idea local folks here hit too.

BKB

Big Skyz
01-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Our school credit card had to be canceled because of the Target fiasco. Also one of my bestest hunting/fishing partner's had to get his card canceled as well. I rarely use a credit card and this is one time I'm really glad I didn't.

Thumper
01-08-2014, 11:03 AM
We have a Target about 5 mins. from the house, but for some reason, it's a store we VERY seldom go to (maybe once or twice/year). When we do go, it's usually just to see if they have something specific we're looking for (not general shopping) and I can't even recall the last time we made a purchase there, so I assume we're safe. At least I haven't heard anything from anyone there. This seems to be a common happening lately ... I have a feeling it's only going to get worse. Seems to me it would be a LOT easier than counterfeiting cash.

Buckrub
01-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Wife used her bank debit (visa) card there during that time. We haven't had any issues yet.

Niner
01-08-2014, 11:48 AM
I quit shopping at Target years ago.....when they took out their hunting/fishing department, and went public with their anti-hunting policy.

However, when I was sick, we bought some odds and ends at the one near MDA because that's the only "store" within the hotel shuttle's route.

Seems like every time I get dragged into one of their stores I get mad before I get out of there. Worst customer "no service" on the planet.

BarryBobPosthole
01-08-2014, 11:54 AM
We have one not too far from our house, but quite honestly I'll bet we don't go there once a year. Walmart, and now Sam's is just too handy (although I detest going into our Walmart just because of the local idiots there)

BKB

Big Skyz
01-08-2014, 01:08 PM
BBP, Walmarts must be the same everwhere. I absolutely hate going in Walmart for the same reason as you.

Thumper
01-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Same here with Wally World ... but it's 5 mins from the house, open 24 hrs and has ANYTHING I need at a good price ... sooooo, I put up with the idiots. Sam's is just another few minutes from there so they both get a lot of our bidness. Heck, we even buy all our gas at Wally World ... it's close-by and always the cheapest gas in town.

LJ3
01-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Walmart is the sole reason I go to Target. I see enough mouth breathers as it is without venturing in to that gaping black hole of humanity.

ok ok OK!!! I go to my walmart to people watch! There! I said it :)

Niner
01-08-2014, 01:36 PM
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/random-photos/

Chicken Dinner
01-08-2014, 01:37 PM
I used to like Target a lot - especially for kids clothers when they were younger. IMO, they went way down hill when they decided to be a grocery store as well. I did buy a new game system for the kids during that timeframe, but no problems as of yet.