PDA

View Full Version : Luke the yote destroyer

hotshot
01-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Took Luke out to the farm wiith some local college boys. They gave him a lesson in Yote trapping. We scoured our deer hunting property for tracks. Found a few places with tracks and some marking trees that smelled of piss. Then we took some fish heads from the ice fishing trip we took (that is where the water gets hard enough to stand on for you southern folk), and made some racoon sets. With this warm spell there were coon tracks all over. From the looks of it, plenty of deer survived the season to make for a good season next year. Toough walk. Snow drifts half up my thigh( I am 6'2").
Luke kept up the whole way and after watching a few times, made two of the coon sets. A great dad moment watching him learn something and then try it. I just hope at least one of his sets has a coon in it tomorrow.
Scott

Niner
01-12-2014, 07:53 AM
That's cool stuff right there! Good for him....and good for you!!!

Captain
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Well. Did y'all get anything?
When I was trapping I could catch a lot of coon feet. That's all there would be in my trap when I checked one foot....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Is that why all the sow coons around there are named Eileen?
Bkb

Captain
01-12-2014, 06:46 PM
That certainly could explain it... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
01-12-2014, 06:47 PM
.... and all they do is walk in circles?

hotshot
01-14-2014, 09:14 AM
Nuthin yet! two more hikes to check the sets.... not a thing. Hopefully with the warmer nights we've had... above freezing, and the hope that breeding season is here... a few coon will show up.