PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cappy ... maybe I'll get lucky.

Thumper
01-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Gots a sale this weekend that may have sumpin' for ya'. Problem is, Saturday is my birthday and Lynn has an over-nighter planned in Orlando on Saturday, so I'm not sure I'll be able to go back for 1/2-price day. So far, no pics have been published, but I received a notice last night and it looks like it's right up your alley. (old tools/fishing gear)

Large Barn/Estate Sale

Dates: Friday 1/17 and Saturday 1/18

Two days only, Friday and Saturday, January 17 & 18. 8am until 4pm. Large amount of hand tools and yard/farm tools. Lots of fishing rods & misc. fishing items. Misc household items of all kinds. Variety of vintage tools and farm items.

I'll see what I can dig up for ya'! :D

Bwana
01-14-2014, 10:35 AM
Man, I would love to tag along on a couple of these treasure hunts with you, they sound like a lot of fun!

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2014, 10:51 AM
I was thinking the same thing, Bwana. I wouldn't know what to look for is my problem. Certainly not razors or Big Bird clocks. That's prolly why I'd go broke doing it.
BKB

HideHunter
01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I agree with you Barry.. That entire rack of bait-caster combos Thump showed the other day probably would have gone for a ride in my truck. And if I'd have had guts enough to let them go to half price - I gar-on-tee it . ;)

Captain
01-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Man I wish I was there! Is like to attend that sale with you and see a pro in action!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Here's what we ought to do. We ought to each of us find good estate sales in our areas that Thumper can go to. Do the research and provide him with a list of places he can hit for three or four days. He can write the trips off as business expense.

Oh yeah, and we need to kill a beef and grow a garden before he gets to each place too.

BKB

airbud7
01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Yea^, I would love to see Thumper in action at one of those estate sales...

I bet he's like a kid at chuck e cheese...:blob10

Thumper
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
HEY!!!!

Captain
01-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Here's what we ought to do. We ought to each of us find good estate sales in our areas that Thumper can go to. Do the research and provide him with a list of places he can hit for three or four days. He can write the trips off as business expense. Oh yeah, and we need to kill a beef and grow a garden before he gets to each place too. BKB

Posty, you forgot bus out all the virgins and boys under 13 years old.... ;)

Buckrub
01-14-2014, 07:50 PM
I cannot afford that many chickens.

I for DANG sure cannot catch that many raw fish.

I am sorry.

Captain
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
I for DANG sure cannot catch that many raw fish.

As opposed to catching cooked fish?

Buckrub
01-14-2014, 08:08 PM
As opposed to catching ANY fish.

Rephrase, for you Literal Loons:

I cannot catch enough fish for Thumper to eat raw, as is his wont.

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2014, 09:26 PM
We'll snag a big spoonbill and he can gnaw on that while he's here. We'll tell him its PuPu, which is Choctaw for yellowfin tuna.

BKB

Thumper
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Sheeeesh, I'm surrounded! :crazy