PDA

View Full Version : Where I'm headed

Penguin
01-14-2014, 06:30 PM
And no, it's not hell. At least not right away. :)

My christmas present from my wife once again: http://www.isthmusbeercheese.com/

Man is this thing a blast. This is our 3rd one and it is the highlight of my winter. I'll see if I can't get a trip report up on monday.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Those are some healthy heifers...er ....girls! Sounds like a good time! Sounds like there might be some snowmobiling going on there too I'll bet.

BKB

Buckrub
01-14-2014, 11:25 PM
That combination sounds absolutely gross.b

Best of luck, Yankee man.

airbud7
01-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Those are some healthy heifers...er ....girls!
BKB

it's how you look at it

Captain
01-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Tequila.... Getting fat girls and ugly boys laid for centuries.
:D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

airbud7
01-15-2014, 09:16 AM
Reminds me of this beer commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZpsSOwxcw&list=FLOOTpWnJalRc5pt2OlTUHjA&index=117

LJ3
01-15-2014, 09:55 AM
That sounds like a blast! Seems like it could be a very gaseous time though. Hopefully your fluid dynamics background doesn't have to come in to play :)

Penguin
01-15-2014, 12:06 PM
Hehe, if/when it does then my wife has reluctantly become used to that condition anyway. :)

A trip through the stands gets you some of the best and worst beer you'll ever taste. Capital Brewery is my favorite beer on the planet and they'll be there with flags flying. Couple of years ago I got a pic posted from the brewfest as their #1 fan. And the cheese is absolutely amazing. I'm not sure that anything I've tasted out of a grocery store can even be considered cheese compared to what this place has to offer. We leave with a bag full of cheese and curds every year.

I'll be sure and post pics.

Will

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Is it all microbreweries? I'd think Lienies would be there with their latest.

BKB

Penguin
01-15-2014, 12:23 PM
It is most micros. Leinies will be there but so will Point Brewey, New Glarus, Capital and some of the larger microbreweries will as well. And a slew of small micros trying to break out. There are always a few stands for smoked meat and sausage etc as well. But the cheese makers are magnificent. Even if a man hated beer the cheese alone would make it worth the price of admission.

Funny thing, I have never gotten a taste for Leinenkugel. Most of it makes me wince. Not sure why and I feel guilty for spending over 6 years in the state and not finding one single Leinies beer that I like. I like some of the New Glarus stuff, it is high quality. But once I tasted my first Capital it was over. Never tasted a better beer. Everything from their Pilsner to their many different bocks are just perfect.

Will

Thumper
01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Do they have Miller Lite? ;)

Penguin
01-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Hell. No.

:o

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
I guess Natty Light is out of the question then. Or Pearl. They always had puzzles under the caps.

BKB

airbud7
01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
I guess Natty Light is out of the question then. BKB

Lol^...I drank a Natty Light the other day(thought it was Bud light)...Kicked my ass...Whats in that stuff? whiskey?