PDA

View Full Version : This Could be Interesting

Chicken Dinner
01-15-2014, 09:38 AM
GM is going to be offering their mid-sized truck in an offroad trim with a diesel motor...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/14/gm-diesel-off-road-pickups-ready-to-wander/?intcmp=features

Captain
01-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Bucky will prolly get a chubby at that news...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

airbud7
01-15-2014, 09:55 AM
The writer of that story (Gary Gastelu) seems like a down to earth kinda guy...

"The combination of these features has the potential to deliver some serious deep woods action."

"Now if GM would just throw in the six-speed manual available on the base models of the trucks…hey, a nerd can dream, right?"

Chicken Dinner
01-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Speaking of dreams, if only Toyota would sell their diesel version of the Tacoma (Hilix) in the US.

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 10:15 AM
I bought a brand new Chevy truck in 90 and it had the five speed manual tranny. Took me forever to find one. I loved driving old Black Betty, but automatics are sure nice too. I was just thinking the other day about maybe getting a five speed in my mext truck, but I think its more for enjoyment than anything else. But it'd save about two grand or used to anyway.

BKB

Penguin
01-15-2014, 12:10 PM
That does look interesting. A small P/U with a solid diesel would definitely be something I'd look at when the time comes.

Chrysler has a 9 speed they've been working on. Chevy currently has their 6 speed doing well. The new transmissions are probably about the only thing that has come along since I bought mine that even gives me a hint of envy. They do wonders for gas mileage.

Will

Buckrub
01-15-2014, 02:50 PM
My butt don't fit in pint sized pickups.