PDA

View Full Version : Outstaning Montana Fishing Video

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 11:53 AM
If the winter doldrums are getting to you and you need to go to a happy place mentally, I highly recommend this video created by some guys I know from Missoula Montana. They are young guys, but they are producing some absolutely outstanding, as well as, breath taking videos. When I watch this, it captures what I see and feel when on the water in Montana. I guarantee it will be one of the best Youtube videos you have watched in a long time.
ENJOY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vprpZFVpj7w

That should have been "Outstanding" not "Outstaning" in the title, but it probably made you look. ;)

Thumper
01-15-2014, 12:06 PM
This might make it a bit easier ... (cool vid!) They do NICE work. Make's Len's fishing videos look like kid's stuff! :)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vprpZFVpj7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 12:09 PM
That is some good work there. One of the reasons I want to get into fly fishing is I want to go fish the Big Thompson near where my daughter lives. It has a lot of water much like what's in that video. I've been watching a lot of gopro videos on youtube to get some ideas for types of mounts I need to build for fishing videos and I've been amazed at the steelhead fishing videos shot in northern BC. And that April Vokey woman sure makes it funner to watch. She can flat fling a fly rod. Makes me want to go fishing badly.

BKB

hotshot
01-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Well done guys! thanks for sharing big sky!

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Thumper, how do you display the video like that?

Thumper
01-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Right click on the video and copy the "Embed Code". Simply paste the URL here. (don't add any brackets, etc)

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 12:25 PM
I'm doing some thing wrong. Can you post what that script should look like?

airbud7
01-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Yea^...Click insert video then paste the link...

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 12:33 PM
There's no script, Troy. Just copy/paste the urlfrom youtube into the box.
BKB

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Okay, I think I got it now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vprpZFVpj7w&feature=player_detailpage

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
You da man.
Now Bucky doesn't have to click on a nekkid link.

BKB

airbud7
01-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Damn good video right there...Those fellers got a lot of $$$$ in there equipment...

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 12:49 PM
airbud7 you are 100% correct. I'm kind of a camera junkie so I asked about what they use, and it's pretty spendy. However the best equipment in the world won't mean squat if you don't have someone with an artistic eye and great editing skills. They seem to have it all.

Bwana
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Way cool video and just reinforces my need to get out there to do some fishing.

LJ3
01-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Looks like a Nikon d800 to me. or D7100.

That's some awesome stuff, right there! I can't wait to get started with my goPro this year!

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Len, good eye. They use D600, D800 and they also have a D7000 or two. Of course the top quality lenses is where they really have a bunch of money tied up. Pluse they got an underwater housing for their camera. They sure do nice work. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm looking at buying a D7000 this spring and getting more serious about the photography and video. I can't afford the D800, but if sure would be fun to have.

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 01:16 PM
I was looking a side by side comparison of the d3100 and d7000 and the first obvious thing I saw was that the lenses are different sizes. I thought lenses on most Nikon DSLRs were interchangeable?

BKB

Niner
01-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Speaking of fishing in Montana......
Troy, how hard are your creeks to get to for someone who is ....ummmm...."semi-disabled"?

Big Skyz
01-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Niner they are relatively easy. The only point of concern I have is they are pretty rocky. If you can navigate rocks like this shown in the pic below, you'll be fine. One definitely has to have felt soled waders to wade any of the creeks though as the rocks are all covered with really slick moss, referred to as snot rock. My son wasn't wearing them in this photo, but he's young and still bounces when he falls. I don't, I'm old enough now I shatter. However I have no problem when wearing the felt soles.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/AaronAdams12-27-13D_zpsbdf7322d.jpg~original

LJ3
01-15-2014, 01:42 PM
I was looking a side by side comparison of the d3100 and d7000 and the first obvious thing I saw was that the lenses are different sizes. I thought lenses on most Nikon DSLRs were interchangeable?

BKB

The lens mounts are the same on all current Nikon cameras. Maybe you're confusing lens zoom ranges? The biggest "real" difference as measured by the "Man I Just took a picture with the D7000 and it puts my D3100 to shame" metric. Is the sensor in the D7000. Head and shoulders above anything in the 3000 and 5000 series. Its reads light WAY better, meters better, better saturation and color rendering.

LJ3
01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Speaking of fishing in Montana......
Troy, how hard are your creeks to get to for someone who is ....ummmm...."semi-disabled"?

Hmmm it appears Cap'n was even more ahead of the game than we thought. He was actually removing the end of Co9's walker thingy in order to get a felt tip apparatus on it!

Captain
01-15-2014, 09:12 PM
Just trying to be of service Conine! ;)
You live in Outdoor Heaven BigSky! Luck man....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
01-15-2014, 09:52 PM
FTR, it was Hank, not me, that complained of not wanting to go to naked link.

Harrumph.

Captain
01-15-2014, 09:57 PM
FTR, it was Hank, not me, that complained of not wanting to go to naked link. Harrumph.
You complain about so much we generally just assign all complaints to you. ;)

Thumper
01-16-2014, 12:22 AM
I was thinking it was Bucky also ... maybe he just doesn't do YouTube.

BUT ... thinking about it ... I could almost SWEAR it was Buckster who said he'd never follow a nekkid link. (???)

Chicken Dinner
01-16-2014, 06:30 AM
I think it was me who said I don't "like" naked links. Only part of it is not knowing where I'm going. It's mostly posts that have a title like "check this out!" And the only message is a link with no explanation. They mostly don't make me want to follow the link.

Thumper
01-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Yeppers, I get tons of emails like that. It "appears" to be from someone I know and is on my mailing list, but the message is simply a title very similar to what you said. It usually doesn't fit the supposed sender's MO because there's no real personal message. Simply something like, "WOW! Check out this link!" I always send them to my SPAM folder without opening. I assume they're sent by some sort of virus from people I know without their knowledge.

I don't really think that should be a concern here on this site though.

Captain
01-16-2014, 09:19 AM
I was thinking it was Bucky also ... maybe he just doesn't do YouTube.

It was for sure Bucky on YouTube. I remember cause I embedded a couple of YouTube videos and took a personal attack about how stupid I was for going to YouTube. How it was a waste of time and you had to watch 10 minutes of commercials to see the video. And he would not go to any YouTube links.
The within 6 months he was posting more YouTube links than the rest of us combined.
Does anyone else remember the Bucky rant on how stupid Apple/iPhone was to build a phone you could not change a battery in, and how it was beyond him why anyone would be so stupid to buy a phone that you could not have a spare battery for????
Anyone, anyone, Bueller????

Niner
01-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Yepper.....seems like only yesterday.......

Buckrub
01-17-2014, 11:08 AM
It is such a comfort to me in my old age to know that I have so many that use their ever diminishing brain cells to keep track of my every foible, even though most are exceedingly exaggerated, and remembered quite faultily. To have those that have such a deep and abiding interest in me and my goings-on is.......well, humbling.

It sure makes me feel like I should reciprocate and keep track of their foibles and remind them of them all the time................but hey, I'm simply not that smart!

P.S.
I think the words 'stupid', 'all', 'never', 'always', are the ones that throw folks off track usually. JMHO. But it's such an honor to be noticed and remembered.....

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Thumper
01-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Buckrub??? Who are you again? ;)