PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

Thumper
01-15-2014, 06:19 PM
We rib each other here about Remingtons vs. Rugers vs. Winchesters as well as Chevies vs. Fords vs. Toyotas, etc. etc.

You all KNOW where I stand ... but I figured I'd stick a feather in my dealer's cap today.

Last evening I got a call from my dealer. They said there's a new recall that just came out (sumpin 'bout a spring in the seatbelt retractor).

At 9:30 this morning, the doorbell rings and it's a guy from the dealership. He left me a new (400+ miles) Toyota loaner and took my truck in for service. This afternoon, he brought it back, took the loaner car and handed me my paperwork plus a certificate for $25 that can be used anywhere in the dealership (parts or service). I went out to look at the truck and it had been washed and vacuumed, wheels cleaned and tires dressed. I'd say some other dealers in town could take some lessons.

That is all.

LJ3
01-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Awesome service. How much of that is due to the number of vehicles and people you've steered that way looking for a car? I'd give you top notch service too!

Buckrub
01-15-2014, 08:48 PM
I just bet you would.............

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2014, 09:28 PM
My wife gets excellent service at the dealer where we bought her 4runner. She drops it off and they take her to work and bring her car back to her. So far, not a hiccup from that vehicle.

BKB

Thumper
01-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Awesome service. How much of that is due to the number of vehicles and people you've steered that way looking for a car? I'd give you top notch service too!

Actually Lenster ... my truck is an '07 ... bought it just before my life got turned upside down. Lynn's last car was an '07 also, but we replaced it last year. The salesman who sold us both those cars is now at a different dealership (same owner). They just built a new (Toyota) dealership and many employees have been shuffled around. My previous Service Advisor now handles only "internal" stuff ... (dealership owned vehicles, company cars, new/used cars), so I'm just getting to know the new people on the drive. Even my mechanic buddy is handling internal vehicles and he'll be leaving in a couple months. He's worked there 25 years and is opening his own repair shop in Feb. or March.

It's just their standard service. If I take the car in myself for service and don't need a loaner car, they bring me home and pick me up when my car is ready. They also send Lynn and myself one of those $25 gift cards in the mail every month ... an oil change is only $12.95 ... so it'll pay for an oil change and tire rotation ... OR I can buy parts/accessories (just bought new wiper blades with the one I got today).

If I go in for just a lube/oil/filter change, no appointment is necessary and if they don't have me out in 29 minutes, the oil change is free. When I worked, I could stop and get an oil change on my lunch hour and still have time to grab a sammich. They're HUGE on customer service.

Thumper
01-16-2014, 12:24 AM
My wife gets excellent service at the dealer where we bought her 4runner. She drops it off and they take her to work and bring her car back to her. So far, not a hiccup from that vehicle. BKB

And WHO makes the 4Runner?? Oh yeah, Toyota! :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Well dufus, I love my wife's 4runner, but my vehicle is a 2000 Chevy Z71 5/8 ton. I've pulled a 21 foot boat at 85 mph to Ontario about half of the ten times I've driven it up there. I've driven countless off road miles in mud, trees, rocks, snow, ice, you name it and I've never turned a tap on the truck other than to do a brake job. I heard the fuel pump start whining after I filled up at a Canadian gas station and cleaned a bunch of black shit out of the filter and figured it would mean a fuel pump replacement. That was 2003. Haven't replaced it yet.

So bite me.

BKB

Thumper
01-16-2014, 06:10 AM
P-hole quote;

I've never turned a tap on the truck other than to do a brake job.

See there??? Ya' just can't stop a Toyota ... so you'd never need a brake job! :poke

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2014, 09:31 AM
LOL you and Larke must be related.

BKB

airbud7
01-16-2014, 05:16 PM
P-hole quote;

See there??? Ya' just can't stop a Toyota ... so you'd never need a brake job! :poke

:biggrin

Dude get real? Toyota???....

Captain
01-16-2014, 05:49 PM
You tell em AirBud! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
01-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Dude get real? Toyota???....

Ummm, yeah Airbud ... I didn't stutter did I? A backhoe??? Really? :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BZA_UouBoF8/UOxQms0EiuI/AAAAAAAAMEM/CphVb80RDZc/s1600/toyota%2Btundra%2Btowing%2Bspace%2Bshuttle.jpg

airbud7
01-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Ummm, yeah Airbud ... I didn't stutter did I? A backhoe??? Really? :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BZA_UouBoF8/UOxQms0EiuI/AAAAAAAAMEM/CphVb80RDZc/s1600/toyota%2Btundra%2Btowing%2Bspace%2Bshuttle.jpg

Backhoe pulls= a lot, a whole bunch, got it there stuff!!!

Space Shuttle pulls= 0

Thumper
01-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Huh??? :confused:

airbud7
01-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Huh??? :confused:

equal sign...(=)...:banghead

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Give it up, Air. Pearls before swine, and all that. Just a word to the wise! :wink

airbud7
01-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Give it up, Air. Pearls before swine, and all that. Just a word to the wise! :wink

A backhoe and a Toyota =

Grrrrrrr...OK, Buck....I give Up!

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 07:20 PM
almost 20 years. You can't win this one. True Believers Who Are Agnostic On All Matters OTHER Than Toyotas will never, ever listen to reason. It's futile.

LJ3
01-16-2014, 07:36 PM
AND... the Toyota does without need 2 extra wheels. Just sayin'

Captain
01-16-2014, 07:44 PM
AND... the Toyota does without need 2 extra wheels. Just sayin'

Looks to me like about 60 extra "wheels" under that thing... Just sayin' :D

Thumper
01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
The Chevy needs a 1-ton dualie to pull a little tractor ... the 1/2-ton 'Yota pulled a 292,000 lb. space shuttle with 2.

Cappy's a dufus ... what difference does it make how many tires are on the TRAILER? The big Chevy pulling that baby tractor has 4 wheels on that wimpy trailer. :D

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 10:25 PM
I can pull the Space Shuttle with a flipping Yugo.

And you know it.

Captain
01-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Let's see, LEN started the whole wheel counting deal.... And the Chevy is pulling a heavy tractor at road speeds up and down hills. The little toy is rolling the shuttle at about 59 feet an hour on flat ground. My Gator would would do....

Now if the toy or Chevy either pulled THAT sucker up to road speeds that would be something to brag about. As it stands Toy's pulling the shuttle commercial is just smoke and mirrors. Any of the top brands of trucks could do that at feet per hour speed...