PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gus, get out the plow

Bwana
01-16-2014, 10:58 AM
We are heading down your way this afternoon but for some reason they are saying the roads & visibility might be an issue. Must have something to do with the snow and winds. Right now we have 39 mph winds with gusts to 56 mph. Over night the gusts here topped out at 61 mph but at the Air Force Base north of Minot they hit 71 mph.

A quick check out the window shows it is snowing now too but I think that is just a squall coming through so it should pass soon.

Might end up sneaking into Watertown from the west instead of coming down I-29 due to all this great weather. That decision will wait until this afternoon shortly before we depart though.

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Having been there, I can't imagine. We get winds too. But we have trees and mountains and stuff to stop it. You guys have ONE barbed wire fence between you and the Rocky Mountains. "Where the winds come sweeping o'er the plains" was written for you guys.

Gunther
01-16-2014, 03:19 PM
After you cross into SD you'll be ok until that stretch from Wilmot exit (213) to a few miles south of Summit, we'll say South Shore or so. Where is you headed?

Bwana
01-16-2014, 11:38 PM
Heading to Madison to tour their campus. Made it to Watertown via Aberdeen about 8:45.

Gunther
01-17-2014, 01:36 PM
Aberdeen, the town where the fast food joints close at 7 pm, the town it takes 30 minutes to get through on US 12 unless you break the speed limit by 15 mph or so. (You'll hit every friggin' light.) I hate Aberdeen.

Of course Watertown isn't much better.

Madison though is OK. Kid going to school eh?

BarryBobPosthole
01-17-2014, 01:53 PM
I wonder, are there a lot of Scots in Aberdeen? We have some towns around these parts that are made up of immigrants from the old days. No Scots that I know of, but lots of Czechs and Poles and Italians and such. We even have a Prague.

BKB

Gunther
01-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Norskis. That and them Nort' Dakota Russians.