PDA

View Full Version : Very humbling hunt, this morning....

Big Muddy
01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Hahahaha!!!! I just missed a head-shot on a young doe with 30.06 at 75 yds. !!!!
She was real nervous and just as I pulled the trigger she threw her head around to look behind her.
Biggest blackest bobcat Ive ever seen was trailing her.
Never got a shot at the cat.

Thumper
01-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Two critters and ya' didn't even get ONE! We're gonna start calling you Bucky Jr. ;)

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 11:40 AM
Hey. I HIT mine in the head!!! One shot at 212 yards!!

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Did that 'black bobcat' have a really long tail????

:laughing

Big Muddy
01-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Yep, long tail, green eyes, and flames shooting outta his azzhole!!!

Mean-looking sombiatch!!! ;)

Big Muddy
01-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Hey. I HIT mine in the head!!! One shot at 212 yards!!

Yeah, but you were aiming at his azzhole!!! ;)

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 12:11 PM
No I was not. I had 3 minutes to hit that if I'd have wanted to. I WOULD have shot at it if he was about to totally walk away, yes. But I did not.

I waited on him to turn, and he did, and I hit him in back......and it went out back and hit his antler.

BUT............I didn't miss. If meat swings, it ain't a miss, no matter how bad folks remember the story!!! :thumbsup

Big Skyz
01-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Maybe you should have borrowed Bucky's rifle Old Horny now that he's established it's good for head shots.

Big Muddy
01-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Well, I always check to be certain, after making a shot, and looks like I didnt
miss, after all. Found a tuft of hair about the size of a golf ball.
Figure I grazed her chin or maybe even thru the ear, with the way she threw her head, looking at the bobcat.
If I see a doe with a hole in her ear, thatll hafta be her. ;)
She was about 90 pounds and woulda made some fine breakfast sausage. ;)

Oh well, got an excuse to go back in the morning.

Buckrub
01-16-2014, 07:06 PM
I would give a pinky (maybe even one of mine.......) to be able to hunt deer into Mid January.................lucky man.

Big Muddy
01-17-2014, 02:10 AM
Yep, we are lucky....Our DOW building would get rioted, if they tried to end deer season in mid-January....our delta region season ends Jan. 31st.

And, the southern region of MS closes Feb. 15th.

hotshot
01-17-2014, 09:38 AM
I actually did hit a deer in the ear once. There is a thicket of pine trees, and underbrush near the barn lot on our deer farm. Especially during shotgun season, I always check it for a deer hiding from all the orange clad people. I saw a deer before it saw me. As I raised my gun, she looked at me. I pulled the trigger as she raised. I swore I hit her, but she ran off anyway. Mason was a few hundred yards behind me, raised his gun and dropped her on the run, (nice shot!). He razed me about missing when I caught up with him.... then we saw a slug sized in one of her ears. Apparently I hit her, or she had a gauged piercing in one ear!