PDA

View Full Version : Was it Phole ???

Big Muddy
01-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Was it Phole who suggested that I buy either a fish-and-ski boat or a deck boat, instead of the pontoon, a couple if years ago???

I shoulda listened, I guess....grandkids are bigger, now, and have a "need for speed".

So, we put the pontoon on Craigslist last Wed., and sold it Sat. ....sold it over the phone with pictures, only.

Guy from south Louisiana bought it....after the deal was made, he asked if I liked Cajun food, to which I replied, HELL YEAH!!!....he owns a specialty Cajun meat shop....when he arrived to pick up the pontoon, he brought me a whole sack full of boudin, smoked sausage, jerky, summer sausage, and Cajun chili fixings.

Anyway, Phole or whoever suggested the fish-and-ski or deck boat, tell me why???

I'm just getting started, looking around.

Dang grandkids gonna send me to the poor house!!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 10:28 AM
It was probbly me who recommended the deck boat. the reason is you get the space and convenience of a pontoon on the deck, but the hull and performance of a full hull boat. I don't ski, bit I do like the way those deck boats sit up in the water and go. Lots of under the deck sotage too in most models.

The downside is they are spendy and they weigh a ton if you have to trailer them often.

Good luck shopping for a new boat! Almost as much fun as buying a new truck!

BKB

Big Muddy
01-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Yep, we stopped by the local Tracker dealer, and they are VERY proud of their Tahoe deck boats.

Wife and grands drooled over the Tahoe Q5 fish-and-ski, however.

I DO like that 220 hp Mercury inboard that comes with it.

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 11:08 AM
I'll bet with a 4 cycle inboard you'd have to look at the tach to see if it was running.

BKB