PDA

View Full Version : Curmudgeonry

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Its cold in the northeast and they're gonna get some snow. Guess what, its friggin January. Happens every dad gummed year.

The liberal media acts like its never happened.

Sheesh.

BKB

jb
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
balmy -2 this AM, about 4" of new snow, but we're on the down hill side of winter. :bj

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 10:47 AM
16 here this morning and headed to 34 for a high. That's about right for January. The most 'Oklahomaness' part of the deal is it was 68 two days ago and in the low 60's yesterday.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2014, 11:03 AM
And, your Federal government is closed even though it didn't start snowing until five minutes ago. On the upside, I did throw together a batch if chili verde in the crockpot before I headed into work this morning. I'm gonna pair it up with some jalepeno cornbread and cold cervesas. Man, I can smell it now!

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I've gotten to where I like green salsa and green chili almost more than the red kind. Especially enchiladas.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Salsa verde is all I ever put on my enchiladas. Good stuff.

Thumper
01-21-2014, 11:16 AM
75 degrees and sunny without a cloud in the sky here today.

Speaking of Washington ... I guess they're having a nice 4-day weekend so far. WHY the "F" is MLK Day a frigging Federal holiday? Isn't it enough that there's no dang city in the country that doesn't have a street named after him? Heck, 99% of our PRESIDENTS don't have a holiday in their honor. Why isn't there a Thomas Edison Day?

(just trying to fit in with the curmudgeon thread) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Racist.

BKB

Thumper
01-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Why isn't there a George Washington Carver Day? ;)

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2014, 11:34 AM
What do you expect from a Florida cracker?

quercus alba
01-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Posthole,

green chili pork

4 bell peppers
2 onions
1 can of hot Rotel
2 cans of green chili peppers
3 jalapenos
2 lbs of boneless pork

cube pork and brown then set to the side
julienne peppers and onions and toss in lightly oiled pan(dutch oven)
saute until tender then add Rotel and canned chili peppers
add a little broth and pork, then season to taste. (salt, pepper and red pepper flakes)
Cover and simmer for a couple of hours then serve over rice or pasta.
add more Jalapenos and red pepper flakes if you like it real spicy

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 02:20 PM
man that sounds scrumdiddlyuptuous. I gotta try that.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 02:21 PM
I hope you don't mind, I added that to the recipe forum too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2014, 02:45 PM
My recipe is similar, but it calls for a healthy dose of ground cumin and ground oregeno as well. I added taters as the recipe calls for 4lbs of pork and I only had two pounds on hand.

Big Skyz
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
I want to go to Chicken Dinner's house for dinner tonight. That seriously looks good!

LJ3
01-21-2014, 05:36 PM
What do you expect from a Florida cracker?

I'm scrolling by, drinking my water and BAM... all over the damn keyboard.

Buckrub
01-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Here, MLK has to share the day with REL.

Big Muddy
01-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Here, MLK has to share the day with REL.

For me and mine, we don't "share" Robert E. Lee Day
with ANYDAYUMBODY !!! ;).

Buckrub
01-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Didn't say I did.

Said the state did, here.

I agree with you.

Thumper
01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Sheeesh! Sharing recipes. I swear, sometimes I think this place is being overrun with a bunch'a dang wimmins! :poke

Captain
01-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Something neat...
I knew Robert Duvall was a direct descendant of Robert E. Lee so I was trying to look up the relation. All I found was his (Duvall's) mother was direct to Robert E. Lee.
However his (Duvall) ancestor was a man by the name of Mareen Duvall (died1699) and here is what it had to say about all Mareen's descendants.

In genealogies, he is often called "The Emigrant" to distinguish him from several descendants also named Mareen Duvall.[6] His notable descendants include U.S. Presidents Harry S. Truman and Barack Obama, American Vice-President Dick Cheney,[6][7][8] Wallis Simpson (for whom Edward VIII gave up the throne), and actor Robert Duvall.[6]
Other descendants include U.S. Associate Supreme Court Justice Gabriel Duvall, billionaire Warren Buffett, Confederate General Bradley Tyler Johnson,[9] and Confederate spy Betty Duvall.[10]

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
And if they all lived in the same era, can you imagine that bunch in the same room together?

That's a prodigious dude.

BKB

Captain
01-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Ain't that right Poshole! They would need security at a family reunion!
How did Chaney and Robert Duvall end up with good sense of of that crowd? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
01-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Man, that was some good eats and you just can't beat the smell when you come home from work and something has been simmering in the crockpot all day. I've been tweaking my cornbread recipe to make it more moist and that's coming along very well. In addition to cheese and jalepeno, I threw in an extra egg and a tablespoon of sour cream. Much more moist, but still nothing close to what my grandmother used to make. I sure wish she was alive to give me her recipe as it was almost like a bread pudding in consistency and I can't come close to appoaching that.