PDA

View Full Version : The Black Widow

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 11:11 AM
I think this shit is a hoax. Or as the guy in Silverado said " I think there's only one or two and this asshole is one of 'em!".

BKB

Penguin
01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Hey I loved that movie. That was a great line.

Black Widow? Ehh..... not sure about all this stuff. I hope they can pull of the Olympics without having some kind of an atrocity. Better believe the Russians have been doing some housekeeping behind the scenes.

Will

Thumper
01-21-2014, 11:39 AM
I think this shit is a hoax.

Ummm, why do you think that???????

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Its too neatly packaged, including the one and only picture they keep running of her. It just smells funny to me.
BKB

hotshot
01-22-2014, 12:41 PM
actually, it seems to be right out of the "Shooter" play book. The movie with Mark Walburg.... How when the Bishop was shot, within minutes there were pictures of him at all over town checking out places to shoot from....
Still, makes me a little nervous about our athletes.

Niner
01-22-2014, 01:18 PM
The Black Widow. Sounds like a comic book character to me. I guess I reallllly need to turn on the news more often.

Buckrub
01-22-2014, 01:23 PM
I barely know what they are talking about.

Let's see. There is a real killer on the loose. So, they announce world wide who she is, what she looks like, where she is..........BUT they can't catch her. But it might be bad in a few weeks (when they STILL haven't caught her).

Duh.

Makes about as much sense as Posty's Politics.

LJ3
01-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Black widow or not, I think the chance of a terrorist attack of some degree is more than just "likely" seems more like imminent to me.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
But Len, hasn't that been the case since 9/11?

By the way, whatever happened to Tom Ridge and what damned color are we? Anybody know?

BKB

LJ3
01-22-2014, 01:44 PM
Definitely purple... pretty sure.

I dunno, just the Russian country, infrastructure, corruption, political climate, all put together seem to make a perfect terrarium for blowing people to bits to scare the shit out of them. I sure hope I'm wrong.

hotshot
01-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Just a hunch, but the alert may have been to put a little pressure on Russia to up security. Remember the Boston Marathon bombers were from a region nearby that used to be part of the USSR. Putin has been supportive of the Syrian Gov, And Russia isn't as focused on Iran as we are.....
My guess is it is just all politics... but I half expect an attack or at least an attempt.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 01:51 PM
They'll put on the best face they can if Vladamir the Impaler has to personally kick all their asses hisowndamnself. I think this Black Widow crap is a distraction. You're right, the real danger is definitley somewhere other than a pissed off widow. Putin himself has created a ton of those.

I wonder if Pussy Riot will be there? Some more women pissed off at Putin!

BKB

Buckrub
01-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Is this the "Short Track Skating" and "Figure Dancing" and all that b/s? I hope the National Barack Channel shows it. I never watch that one.

And.......as to the Purple thing........there were some low level guys from CIA, FBI, NSF, SS, and Homeland Security that spoke to Kiwanis here about a year ago. They were asked, as a panel, "If I were to see a boat headed towards Arkansas Nuclear One power plant with a huge load of dynamite strapped onto the bow, who would I call?"

Not one of them knew. The answer from every single one was "I have no idea".

Carter made Dept of Energy to ensure we eliminate our dependence on foreign oil.
Bush made Dept of Homeland Security to make sure all these agencies shared information.

Both agencies should be dismantled and eliminated. BUT, there does need to be some way to stop the turf protection between military branches, and governmental security agencies. It's asinine what we allow.

LJ3
01-22-2014, 04:56 PM
You should call whoever is in a position to get you the hell out of there the mostest quickly... you're welcome. Duh.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Man, that's a lot of vitriol for one post.

DHS started in late 2002 with a budget of about $18 billion. In 2003 they spent almost $30 billion. In 2011 its budget was $98 billion. Most of that growth was under 'you know who who won't be named' but that doesn't matter. What matters is the damn thing needs to get brought under some serious control. If we need this much for the security of the fucking homeland then why do we need NSA spying on us too? It just needs to be arbitrarily cut by about 50% minimum.

BKB

Buckrub
01-22-2014, 05:07 PM
I SAID Bush did it. Don't you EVER listen to me?

And no it doesn't need to be cut 50%!!! That'd only be temporary for 1 year, and some genius would reinstate it 100%. There needs to be one agency. Five guys.

Vitriol? Do you take that yet? It helps your blood to not be so thin.

Oh, and DOE started with a small budget too, and now they are extra-ginormous. I've told you how government budgets work. Didn't you listen to that either?

LJ3
01-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Do you dufes realize that neither one of you was a fan of any of the Bush Presidents? We do :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Part of the growth of DHS, to be honest about it, was absorbing several other agencies under their wing. Like the coast Guard. But it's still grown like a weed. I think they're getting trimmed some in the newest version of various budgets. But its time to stop scaring people into okaying ALL of this money for the sake of what is essentially a very false sense of security.

BKB

Buckrub
01-22-2014, 05:22 PM
He is myopic. And fairly biased. And close minded. And obtuse.

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Bucky, you ignorant slut.

BKB

Buckrub
01-22-2014, 06:06 PM
:hello

Chicken Dinner
01-22-2014, 08:18 PM
The only correct response is, "Barry, you poor misguided hose bag."