PDA

View Full Version : The Incredible Doctor Pol

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 02:00 PM
Anybody ever watch this program on NatGeo? I saw two episodes last night. I think two in a row might be too many for one sitting.

At one point in my young life, prolly sophomore-junior year of high school, I thought I wanted to be a veterinarian. Growing up on a farm I'd pulled a calf or two, banded and cut quite a few balls from various species, had even been to training given by Carnation for artificial insemination, and generally kind of enjoyed the process of raising livestock. Man, am I ever glad I didn't follow that dream. Seeing old 70 year old Doc Pol with his arm up a cow's ass for prolly the ten thousandth time in his career made me realize what a lucky f----r I am to be in telecom.

Good show though. That old dude can do some work, now. I don't think I could keep up with him.

BKB

Thumper
01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
I loved the outdoors as a kid and my career paper in 9th grade was based on my wanting to be a Game Warden. THEN ... I found out GW's have to work during hunting season and they could not take vacations during that time. That changed my mind. Think about that ... I could'a been one of those fish cops ya'll bitch about. :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-22-2014, 02:16 PM
The thought of you sitting in a truck with a bucket of chicken is actually pretty believable.

BKB

johnboy
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
I watch that show quite a bit and I agree that there is no way I could keep up with that old coot. Gotta love his 'get 'er done' attitude though. "If you can't get the calf out, you are no good!" What's with the goofy son?

Big Muddy
01-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Yep, seen it a few times....pretty good show....I think the goofy son was a breached birth, and Dr. Pol pulled too hard on the rope. ;)