PDA

View Full Version : How woukd our officers of handled this?

Sunshine
01-23-2014, 10:27 PM
:)

airbud7
01-23-2014, 10:41 PM
You done good sunshine!

and yes...if he calls in your plate, then they can get him for road rage....

Bwana
01-23-2014, 11:38 PM
Glad things didn't get any more out of hand but just curious, why did you wait to call 911 until after the carwash?

Bwana
01-23-2014, 11:43 PM
That makes sense and again, glad it worked out.

Thumper
01-24-2014, 03:48 AM
Down here, with Florida's "Stand Your Ground Law" ... he could'a gotten his frigging head blown off! :D

In Florida, you can use deadly force anywhere as long as you:

--Are not engaged in an unlawful activity

--Are being attacked in a place you have a right to be

--Reasonably believe that your life and safety is in danger as a result of an overt act or PERCEIVED THREAT committed by someone else toward you.

Captain
01-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Sunny you handled it pretty well. Calling 911 while it was going on and putting them on speaker phone could have helped. Taking his picture or a picture of his car, tag would also been handy.
Your "driving" was not really this guys problem. It is the straw that broke the camels back but he was already mad about something. Glad you did not pull your gun out in this situation because he would have taken it from you OR you would have had to shoot him one or the other would have happened. Never pull that gun out unless you are certain you can and will shoot the person/aggressor. Folks make the mistake of "showing" a weapon in hopes it will make someone on a rant like this guy turn and leave. It don't....
More times that not it increases the madness and usually the aggressor takes the gun away or is shot one or the other.
Sorry you went through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm trying to figure the beanie part out. We don't see people wearing beanies too often here.

BKB

Thumper
01-24-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm trying to figure the beanie part out. We don't see people wearing beanies too often here. BKB

You're just showing your age P-hole ... back in "our" day, this was a "beanie"!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XKwwpyxRuNs/SuHuiQsSxFI/AAAAAAAAAbo/dIkqg6kHC84/s400/propellerbeanie.jpg

In Sunshine's age bracket, THIS is a beanie:

http://www.blogiversity.org/blogs/frankthetank/a939_headphone_beanie_hat.jpg

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Chicken Dinner
01-24-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm with Larke. This guy was already about to become unglued about something and you just triggered it. I'd also second the suggestion about pulling our your phone. Start video taping folks and I bet their behavior changes. (Of course, they may just smash your phone.)

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 10:15 AM
that's not a beanie, that's a knit cap.

BKB

Thumper
01-24-2014, 10:17 AM
that's not a beanie, that's a knit cap. BKB

Only if you're an old fart. Google "beanie" and see what comes up. :D

jb
01-24-2014, 10:30 AM
That's not a knit cap that's a "watch cap"

LJ3
01-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Glad you're ok, BUT... At least in Virginia, it's illegal to enter an intersection or cut across traffic unless the way is completely clear for you to complete the maneuver. You're a bad bad bad lawbreaker. That guy was still an asshole.

Captain
01-24-2014, 10:52 AM

That's a damn Toboggan you buncha' dufes..

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Len, there's a catch 22 there, at least how it was explained to me by a judge in florida once. I'd overran a stop sign and backed up because I saw the dang cop behind me a ways. He ticketed me for illegal backing. the judge told me once you do enter the intersection regardless of how you got there, you have the legal right to clear it. So he gave me a choice of illegal backing or running a stop sign. Told me illegal backing was cheaper so I chose that. I did tell him, and the cop backed me up, that there was nobody within sight of that intersection (which made it a chickenshit ticket IMO). So he dropped my court costs. I was a poor GI in those days so every dollar helped.

BKB

Thumper
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM

Only if you're a squid type swabbie! :D

yellowk9
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
I took the family to Sonic the other day to celebrate my son's basketball game win. Traffic wasn't bad, but just as I went to turn right into the drive one of the other customers parked on that end began backing out. I had no choice but to stop with my ass in traffic (and turn signal on) or rear end the other guy. Some asshole behind me comes rolling up and lays on his horn. He could have easily went around me (no oncoming traffic) or just waited 5 seconds. My mature response was to stomp the pedal as soon as the car ahead me was clear. I burned a little rubber. I'm glad I didn't end up hitting someone or getting a reckless driving ticket. I hate when assholes make me do stupid things.

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Honking must be a cultural thing. Here in Oklahoma you're liable to get your ass beat if you honk at someone, unless of course you're a woman and then you can do anything you want. Just about anyplace else I've been outside the country, they use their horns incessantly and its not meant or taken as an insult. In our bigger northeastern cities its the same way.

As a rule though, I don't honk at folks and I get angry when they honk at me.

BKB

Buckrub
01-24-2014, 11:21 AM
I wonder if there was/is a sign above that left turn signal that says "Left Turn MUST yield on Green"??? All of ours do. My mother got Tboned a year ago because she didn't read that sign and pulled out when left turn signal was 'green'...........

And I honk at everybody, as long as I think they can hear it, that pulls out in front of me when there is NO traffic behind me and they could have waited 2 seconds and pulled out into the clear. Invariably, they drive 20 mph in front of me when they do that.

Most drivers believe that you are invading their planet, and they hope you die painfully, and they will do whatever they want on their planet, including causing you to change your path/speed so they won't be inconvenienced.

Thumper
01-24-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm with you P-hole (and NOT you Bucky!). I absolutely HATE horn blowers. We get the frigging New York Yankee snowbirds down here and they drive with one hand on the horn at all times. You could probably disconnect the horn on my truck and if I traded it in 10 years, I'd do it without ever knowing the horn didn't work

To be honest, whenever someone honks their horn at me, my FIRST response is to stop right where I'm at, get out of the car and go shove the guy's horn up his ass! If there's anything in this world that could possibly throw me into road-rage ... it would be some frigging asshole honking his horn at me for some trivial little bullshit. Sheeeesh! I can feel my blood pressure climbing just typing this! :angry1

Buckrub
01-24-2014, 11:50 AM
You have no right to make me slam my brakes just because you can't wait 2 seconds to pull out onto a major thoroughfare. You want to do that, and just go on about your lazy business without recourse? Who do you think you are, King of Earth? Bite me. I'm honking at your inconsiderate butt. Go on and stop the car. You'll get run over while I pass you. Wham. Road grease. I laugh at you. Ha. Ha.

Thumper
01-24-2014, 11:56 AM
99% of the time I have a horn blown at me is in an "innocent" situation ... such as K9 described. If you weren't such a chicken-shit to blow your horn, then run away, I'd shove that horn even farther up your ass than first intended! So there!

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 12:09 PM
That seems to be the issue. Everyone is in a big damned hurry and offended if somebody invades their little space-time continuum. Its like they don't realize they live in a world with several billion other humans.

Everyone. Just calm the fuck down.

BKB

johnboy
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
It's a touque (pronounced 'took').

Buckrub
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
That's what I just said. I don't blow my horn in K9's situation. I blow it if you can't calm down and act a little more unselfishly.

99.999999999% of the time, I drive WAY conservatively. If you want to speed and jig/jag in and out of traffic lanes, I get out of your way and let you. I want your wreck to be in front of me, a LONG ways in front of me. I will get there. I drive the speed limit, and not 1/2 of the speed limit (which infuriates most drivers). I try to get out of your way. I let cars entering heavy traffic in when I can. I don't let them all in all the time. I back off. I stay calm.

But if you pull in front of me when I'm going 45-60 on a 4 lane, and NOTHING is behind me, but you make me slow down cause you're a goober, I honk. You can do whatever you think you need to do after that. I'm carrying just like you are. I will do all in my power to avoid you. I don't care for folks who do that, and I don't want to talk to them, deal with them, nothing. But I do honk so they know and realize what they just did.

Most of them are on the dang phone. IF that was stopped, a lot of road issues would stop as well. The ones who say "I can do it just fine, I'm different" are the ones that are the worst.

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 12:25 PM
Amen, brudda.

BKB

Thumper
01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Even if it WAS my fault ... I'd still wanna shove that horn of yours where the sun don't shine! ;)

Buckrub
01-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Go for it, Big Boy.

Thumper
01-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Bend over and grab your ankles! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Prolly the water meter reader. they're seedy types I've heard!

BKB

Big Muddy
01-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Prolly the water meter reader. they're seedy types I've heard!

BKB

Ooooooooooooooooo!!!!!....Sunny's gonna quit crying, and whip yo azz, boy !!! ;)

Niner
01-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Ya see what happens when ya legalize pot!!!???!!!

johnboy
01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
If that dude had been smokin' a doobie he woulda offered Sunshine a dorito, not yelled at her. Just sayin' man. :D

Thumper
01-24-2014, 03:14 PM
I agree with Johnboy on that one. ;)

airbud7
01-24-2014, 05:36 PM
If that dude had been smokin' a doobie he woulda offered Sunshine a dorito, not yelled at her. Just sayin' man. :D

This^

Niner
01-24-2014, 06:05 PM
When some dumbass honks at me, what I do is I just wave at them like they were one of my bestest friends that was honking just to say "hi". THAT reallllly pisses them off!