PDA

View Full Version : Propane II

Buckrub
01-26-2014, 04:48 PM
OK........read on another site here in Arkansas that propane is "going out of sight". But I didn't see anyone post numbers. Hide has posted some crazy numbers.

BUT......... I just went to Lowes, and checked as I left.............the 20 lb propane bottle exchanges are still going for $19.99........... and they had tons of 'em.

??

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2014, 07:20 PM
$4 a gallon equiv here in Oklahoma. Its jumped $2 in two days they say.

Still cheaper than a gallon of milk. You should be glad they let you buy it.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-26-2014, 08:48 PM
I just bought a gallon if milk today and didn't pay $4. Just sayin'...

Buckrub
01-26-2014, 10:54 PM
I don't need to buy it. But if I did, I'd be glad to get it.

No one buys a quarter inch drill. What they buy............is quarter inch holes, made easy.

HideHunter
01-27-2014, 10:30 AM
'Rub.. You have a point. I'm fine for a few weeks, but when I get low I'll take my 200 gallons and pay what they ask. and think "Well, they goes the price of a nice rifle."

Fido
01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Got a load coming tooooday. Didn't ask the price but I'm holding my breath!!!!!!

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 11:13 AM
So why are the exchange bottles the same old price everywhere?

LJ3
01-27-2014, 11:49 AM

Because we pulled out of Iraq. Duh.

HideHunter
01-27-2014, 12:14 PM

As you said there's bunches of them filled ahead - and I'm guessing no one in that particular store has thought of it yet.

airbud7
01-27-2014, 12:45 PM
As you said there's bunches of them filled ahead - and I'm guessing no one in that particular store has thought of it yet.

Those cylinders measured in pounds not gallons (I think?)

HideHunter
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
True.. but that would have no bearing on the fact they haven't raised in price. "A rat is a pig is a boy." Or if you prefer.. "A rose by any other name... " ;)

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 12:51 PM
And it could be that the cost of the propane in those cylinders at the time they were filled was a lot lower so the price was set then. Doesn't the cost of those change with the price of the fuel?

BKB

HideHunter
01-27-2014, 01:05 PM
and it most certainly was Barry. But I am surprised there hasn't been a little "profit taking". I haven't been anywhere around here but I'll bet the cost is "up". They always use the excuse "Well, we had to go up because we have to "replace" the fuel that's in them". Sounds reasonable if you say it real fast. ;)

Big Skyz
01-27-2014, 01:06 PM
I have to get my propane tank filled for my house this week. I know how HH feels. It's the cost of a new rifle every time!

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 01:15 PM
In the early 2000' we had a horrible ice storm down in southeast Oklahoma where my parents live. Ice storms seem to be a thing of the last twenty years as I don't recall but maybe one in my lifetime before the late 90's. Now I've lived through three in the last six years. anyway, the one that hit my parents was a bad one, over an inch of ice. Their power was out for over a month. My Mom won't light a candle in her house to this day. she grew up as a little girl with oil lamps in their house and says she doesn't know how they did it (lived without electricity). The local 'city fathers' that own various businesses in my hometown seemed to be able to all lift their prices on generators, batteries, and gasoline to the point where you wondered how they could not be ashamed of themselves. Batteries in particular quadrupled in price. It was, and is, disgraceful.
But to a great extent, its legal. And in some perverted way, fair too I reckon. Its also fair to take business elsewhere when things return to a normal state.

BKB

airbud7
01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Agree^ jacking up prices of goods and services during a natural disaster, a miserable condition or emergency situation for one's selfish advantage should be outlawed...

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Yeah. "The Fair Pricing Commission", with a $25B budget, offices in every state, and highly paid "field reps".

I can see it now. Y'all will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY with that one.

:toothy

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 02:15 PM
First "Price Inequality".

Then "Income Inequality".

http://money.msn.com/investing/post--income-inequality-is-worse-under-obama

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but this is funny, and the SOTU address is sometime soon, tonight for all I know.

The above says that Income Inequality has gotten MUCH worse under Obama.
This says that Income Inequality will be a MAJOR push of Obama's during his SOTU address:
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/27/22433040-2014-state-of-the-union-six-things-to-expect-during-obamas-speech?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=5

Does anyone anywhere even pay attention to actual reality any more?

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Excuse me, but I never mentioned any of that. But you take that ball and run with as far as you like.

BKB

Thumper
01-27-2014, 02:32 PM
As for "old" canisters of "cheaper" propane ... I wish the same could be said for gasoline. A frigging refinery blows up somewhere and the price of gas, at every station in town, goes through the roof in a nano-second today ... even though it's the same gas that was in the tank yesterday.

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Thank you. That's what good running backs do.

Thank you very much.

P.S.
Very logical conclusion I made, if I do say so myownfineself. Sorry it didn't sit in your cornflakes well. BTW, were you invited to the SOTU address? Front row I bet!!

(I crack myself up)

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 02:54 PM
I'll watch the coverage on the Daily Show to get caught up. Not interested in watching the gamesmanship this year. Likely it'll be the first one I've missed since.......W's. That ain't much of a record is it? somewhere around here I have an old Jimmy Carter one I taped on my very first VCR.

I don't expect he'll say much that isn't self congratulatory or that the GOP doesn't find distasteful. Isn't that the way it usually goes? and somebody will make an ass outof themselves by making a wise crack and the media will about shit their pants and then it'll all be over.

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 02:59 PM
HAHAHA

I watched Clinton's first one. I think he spoke for 3 days, I can't really remember. Something like that. I kept notes. Not a SINGLE thing he proposed was ever done, not one. Yet he is remembered as a great one. He gets impeached, and now he's every liberal's idol. I don't get it. NO one has morals anymore. Greed trumps all.

But for Obama to actually say (and he will) that he is the Champion of Income Inequality when the reality is that he has feathered the nest of Fat Cats like NO OTHER President ever, would be the height of hypocrisy.........in and of itself........but the real height will be that 65% of Americans will believe him, no matter what the facts are. I used to bristle at folks (like you, hahahahahahaha) that I see often that just keep hammering W and keep loving this guy, and actually try to engage them in a reality check. Then I realized they won't play that game, they can't win it. So...................

I have given up hope. I was going to start the Apathy Party but getting to the meetings takes too much effort to get my head out of the sand.

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Here's the part that you don't get. I'm as disappointed in him as you are. the difference is, I don't have to make shit up that I don't like about him. Reality is bad enough.

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 03:36 PM
DUDE! You are my Drug of Choice. Spar. Tete-a-Tete. Besides, you're way too Liberal for a smart moneyed man. You are only one of two I know, and the other one won't talk to me. He LOVES Government. I think he's really Paul Krugman.

Besides, you get way madder sometimes than you let on, and ............ well, let's just say that I have a secret fetish for arguing with redheads. :smash

And one of these days, I'm actually going to sway, persuade you, and at that point I will retire and ride off into the sunset on a blaze of.........

where was I?

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Now now. Don't go getting yourself all worked up. You've swayed me on more than you realize. And in reality, the only presidents we disagree on is Clinton and Reagan. Clinton was a better republican than any we've had in my lifetime. He got more people off of welfare and contributed more to getting rid of the deficit than any republican you can name. and yeah, I know you'll say it was Reagan's policies, but you seem to forget there was another president in between there. what did Reagan's policies do for him?

Reagan was bigger than the office and I'll give him that. And he had the balls to face down Russia and win the cold war. But Russia was on their way down the tubes regardless of what Ronnie Raygun did. But we need his kind of leadership now and I'd vote for that kind of nominee regardless of what party he was in.

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 03:56 PM
No it wasn't Reagan's policies. I never said that, although I believe in his policies.

I am convinced, because I worked for Clinton for 12 years and know how he operates, that the huge economy rise in his terms was 100% due to the technology explosion. Do you know how many websites there were WORLD WIDE when Clinton first took office? FIFTY! He didn't do anything to make technology explode. He tried to do to healthcare what Obama has DONE, and failed. He failed at ever policy he ever tried, other than sex. The economy went nuts. Heck, Mark Cuban, owner of the Mavericks, went from a nobody to a BILLIONaire on nothing more than Yahoo stock prices, just speculating. Clinton didn't do diddley squat, the world just went nuts economically while on his watch. If he did anything, it was to sit quietly in the corner and take credit.

Reagan believed what I did, and my personal income skyrocketed under him. I don't care if what he did cost a mint..........I think his ideas were RIGHT, CORRECT, VALID, wonderful, and besides he had cahunas. He was a statesman, our last.

Clinton is a teflon snotball.

W had integrity and guts, and terrible 'programs', and had stuff happen on his watch that he did a good job with.

Obama is indeed the Devil. Nah, the Devil wouldn't even agree with him.

Oh..........and I PROMISE you this. All of the above will be wished for greatly when our next president has been in office a year.

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
I see. so a huge national debt is worth it if it enriches Republicans. I get it. Always knew it. Just never heard one say it out loud.

And no I don't think Clinton invented the internet or the technology boom either. But he did cut spending. And he did reform welfare. and he did produce a surplus under his watch. Those things you can't argue with. and we haven't had a surplus since.

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 04:23 PM
I agree those things happened under his watch.

I do not agree, and validly so, that he had one iota of impact on any of that.

Oh, and if a Huge National Debt Only Enriches Republicans, then Obama must be a friend of Republicans.

Thumper
01-27-2014, 04:24 PM
P-hole quote:

And no I don't think Clinton invented the internet or the technology boom either.

I thought Al Gore invented the Internet. :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 04:38 PM
I was just quoting what you said, Bucky. That you made a lot of money during Reagan (likely due more to high inflation rates than any other reason) and you didn't care what he did to the national debt.

So. What process do you go through to determine blame and credit for stuff? Sounds suspiciously like its 'if its good-its republican', 'if its bad its Democrat'. Is that it?

and since Obamacare is an original Republican plan, is it good or bad?

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't remember saying anything whatsoever about the national debt. I DID say I didn't care what they cost, so maybe that's where you got it. But I don't think he increased the debt as much as anybody else, save your lover Clinton.

No, my general rule is "If it's Republican it is probably not good. If it is Democrat it is Evil. If it is Government, it is lethal, deadly, worthless, inefficient, inhumane, cruel to the poor, evil, mean, and ugly".

I don't ever know how to keep you on task. You parry and thrust. No, you just parry.

I said.......I believe that Clinton did nothing that caused the economy to skyrocket during his term.
I said.......my personal income skyrocketed during Reagan. I further said, no connection, that I liked his policies no matter what they did cause I think they were right.
I said.......that I liked W because he had integrity and took care of things that randomly happened on his watch.
I said.......that Obama was the Devil. Now, I admit, that I didn't say why. So in a nutshell, it's because every single thing he is for, I am against. And every single thing he is against, I am for. He is the Great Destroyer of the Greatest Culture Ever Experienced, or he'd like to be. He says he will do GREAT THING X, and then proceeds to absolutely KILL X, and vice versa.

Is that enough nutshell justification or do you need more info to look into my mind?

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Well geeze.

I guess not. I'll use it against you some other time.

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Man. Talk about a thread on PROPANE!!!

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Running all through my brain....

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Government meddling into health care, or any other personal endeavor, is evil and mean and bad and deadly, and I don't care who thought it up first.

But just so I'll know, so you put more weight on who thought it up first, rather than who actually implemented it first??? A bit odd, don't you think?

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Its all odd.

BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Ain't it though?

Want a chiclet?

airbud7
01-27-2014, 06:15 PM
Running all through my brain....

BKB