PDA

View Full Version : Captain Phillips

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Rented it this weekend. Great movie. That Hanks wasn't nominated for this role is a travesty. That Captain Phillips dude is smart as a whip. He an Sully ought to be President and Vice President. Those SEALS are BADASS.

That is all.

BKB

Big Muddy
01-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Phole, we rented it last week, and thought it was great, too....however, I heard that Hollywood sorta black-listed Hanks about that film....a couple of the actual crew members from the ship came forward, and said Phillips wasn't the "hero" that the film depicted him to be.

Yet, that pirate with the big knot on his fore-head got nominated for "best supporting actor"....I've never seen him act in anything before this movie....he acted and looked like they picked him up straight outta the jungle, and told him to "just act natural".

Chicken Dinner
01-27-2014, 10:40 AM
I've been wanting to see that one since it came out. The Mrs. and I went and saw "American Hustle" this weekend and that one is definitely 2 Thumbs Up!

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 11:12 AM
HBO, Cinemax needs to get 'em soon!!! On my list.

BarryBobPosthole
01-27-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm sure if they're out there for rental, one of those two will have it soon.
BKB

Buckrub
01-27-2014, 11:21 AM
With the "genie" I can record a bunch. Well, I could if the wife didn't record EVERY series of EVERY DIY and HGTV show ever made, plus NCIS plus.......and then NEVER watch 'em. Last night I noticed NCIS was being recorded off some channel. I asked her why she didn't just watch it (I was reading paper). She said "It's a rerun, I don't want to see a rerun". I said "THEN WHY WASTE SPACE RECORDING IT?".

Geez.

But I go through the guide often looking at movies on all the movie channels and then recording them. We watched Batman last night.