PDA

View Full Version : Highlight of the SOTU address....

Big Muddy
01-29-2014, 10:47 AM
I couldn't stomach to watch it, but heard ole Willie and wife were the hit of the evening. ;)

By Andrew Tavani

"""Willie Robertson, son of the controversial 'Duck Dynasty' patriarch Phil Robertson, made a trip to Washington D.C. Tuesday night to watch President Obama's State of the Union address. Robertson was the guest of freshman Rep. Vance McAllister (R- La.) who said in a statement to the media, 'I am proud to have my close friend, constituent and small business owner, Willie Robertson, attend tonight's State of the Union Address as my special guest,' the Los Angeles Times reported.

Republican lawmakers were clamoring to be photographed with Robertson in the hours before Obama's big speech. Associated Press photographers captured Wisc. Rep. Paul Ryan posing for a photo with Robertson. And he was hardly the only one. """

Thumper
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
I watched the WHOLE thing. (Barf!)

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2014, 10:58 AM
I only made it through about fifteen minutes of it and had to switch over to something stupider. that was a challenge even on Uverse.

BKB

airbud7
01-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I can't believe he's still in office.
Is everyone in this country, on drugs and so screwed up, that they don't care what he is doing or are they that stupid?

example of how he won...

Blue wins/... inter city voting

Blue wins/...

Niner
01-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Didn't watch it ON PURPOSE! I knew I'd just end up yelling at the TV and getting myself in a tizzy. Besides, I don't need the bad Karma right now.

Big Muddy
01-29-2014, 12:14 PM
From what I gather, he pretty much said, "If the congress and people don't accept my way of thinking, then I'll ram it down your throat with executive orders, whether it's unconstitutional or not."

BarryBobPosthole
01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
He's threatened that before. Just remember, he's got SCOTUS to deal with too. Basically what I heard was "We had one more year of the same shit we had the year before. Next year will be the same. That is all. God Bless America."

BKB

Niner
01-29-2014, 03:33 PM

quercus alba
01-29-2014, 07:04 PM
The truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWI58bgdVfw

Thumper
01-29-2014, 07:54 PM
And I'd have to say those type folks are persactly the one's who voted for him. Clueless!

airbud7
01-29-2014, 08:12 PM
And I'd have to say those type folks are persactly the one's who voted for him. Clueless!

Yep^...uninformed voters,...give me free shit...you got my vote stuff....That's how he won...But then again!, That's how All elections are won...Right???

Thumper
01-29-2014, 08:33 PM
Personally, I feel the previous voting public was a bit more informed. Since Obama threw his hat in the ring, I honestly believe the UNINFORMED voters came out of the woodwork to vote ... many due to the huge voter registration drives in the "low income" neighborhoods before the election. IMHO, what put him over the top was voters who had never voted in their lives and were generally clueless when it came to politics.

HideHunter
01-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Probably one of the few SOTU speeches I haven't watched in the past 3-4 presidents. I've honestly got to where I can't stand him. Hell - I liked listening to Slick Willy. I had to remind myself he was lying to me. This guy... he honestly makes my skin crawl..