PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha! I have myself a new hero now!

Thumper
01-31-2014, 08:46 AM
I spent much of yesterday at an estate sale digging through the years of stuff accumulated by a 105 year old man who recently passed away. I asked the people running the sale if he had any family and they replied, "No, but he had a "girlfriend"!" I laughed and pictured them sitting around in their rocking chairs sipping on Metamucil.

I proceeded on through the house on my treasure hunt and began learning a bit about the old guy. That's one thing that I find interesting about these sales. To some it may sound a bit morbid, but to me, with every drawer I open or cabinet door I peer behind, I learn a little bit more about the individual who lived there. I've found, the older they were .. the more I wish I'd had a chance to sit and talk with them. This guy was born in 1908 ... think of the stories he could have told.

Anyway, to the subject of this post! I was in the back bathroom digging through drawers and cabinets looking for old razors (all I found was disposables). :(

But, I opened the cabinet below the sink and pulled out a box. I didn't recognize the name, but when I opened it ... I wasn't positive, but I had an idea what I'd found. I thought, "NO FRIGGING WAY!" So, I Googled it. As the title to this post says, "This guy is now my hero!!!"

105 years old ... who'da thunk it? Man-o-man, these things are pricey! I guess Medicare was good to him! You GO dude ... you are my hero! :D

http://www.metromedicalonline.com/oee1135.html

2474 2475

BarryBobPosthole
01-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Have you tried it out yet?
BKB

Bwana
01-31-2014, 09:47 AM
Had to have kept it for himself, after all who would buy one used??

Thumper
01-31-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure they have some sort of replaceable sleeves ... or a sanitation procedure or sumpin'. Dang, I guess they work. At $500-$600 they dang well better! I'm proud of the ol' boy. Never say never! I hope I go out that way! :D

BTW ... I left it there ... I rely on the marvels of modern chemistry! :biggrin

BarryBobPosthole
01-31-2014, 11:50 AM
I think I've seen one of those hooked up to a holstein before. Only it had four nozzles.

BKB

Thumper
01-31-2014, 11:58 AM
You know sumpin' P-hole ... I wonder how many young farm boys have slipped into the barn when nobody's around to "try" one'a those things on for size! :D

Big Muddy
01-31-2014, 12:06 PM
You know sumpin' P-hole ... I wonder how many young farm boy's have slipped into the barn when nobody's around to "try" one'a those things on for size! :D

You just added to my list of reasons that I detest sweet milk !!! ;)

Sunshine
01-31-2014, 01:30 PM
:)

Big Muddy
01-31-2014, 02:08 PM
In MS, we call it sweet milk....down here, we have sweet milk, buttermilk, skim milk(yuk), or clabber.

My favorites are buttermilk and clabber.

Clabber is what you yanks call yogurt. ;)

Thumper
01-31-2014, 07:16 PM
Ha ha ha! Sunny has a dirty mind!

Sunshine, sweet milk is what OLD people call regular ol' milk (fresh whole milk). Get your mind out of the gutter girl! :D

Sunshine
01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
What???? Me???? You are joking right??? :D