PDA

View Full Version : Fish Story

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2014, 11:55 AM
I was talking to a couple of friends of mine who live in Hibbing Minnesota a day or so ago and they were telling me a fish story that happened to them this summer on Lake Vermillion. Guy had hooked a decent little smallie and was bringing him in when something huge slammed him. Was a muskie he said in the 48-50 inch range. He fought him to about ten feet from the boat when he spit the bass out. There were no hooks in the muskie, I guess he'd stubbornly held on for that long until he saw the boat. He said the bass was pretty scuffed up but he was able to release him.

Until you see these fish in action, you can't imagine how much like wolves they really are.

BKB

Bwana
02-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Never seen a Muskie do that here but have with northerns. One thing is certain, both of them have a MOUTHFULL on SHARP teeth!

johnboy
02-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Fishing walleye on Lesser Slave a buncha years ago when I had a large pike hammer a 2lb 'eye I was bringing in. Held on to it till it was just under the boat before it let go. When I brought the eye into the boat it looked like someone had been at it with a razor blade - deep slashes all over. Sure would have loved it if a hook had caught.

HideHunter
02-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Cool. I'd love to fish for musky.. I have friend in Hibbing. Been up there grouse hunting a number of times and ice fishing once. They've had quite a winter.

BarryBobPosthole
02-01-2014, 05:26 PM
There's a liquor store there named Some Beaches. A sense of humor is important that far north in the winter.

BKB