PDA

View Full Version : Emergency run.....

Big Muddy
02-02-2014, 04:35 PM
I was just piddling around on the edge of the woods, closing down a deer stand for the year, when I just turned around to leave, and a day'um thorn bush limb slapped me in my left eyeball.
Sheeit, it hurt, but came on back home, and Visine seemed to help for a while....a few hours later, the pain nearly took me down to my knees.
I called my eyeball doc who is one of my hunting buddys....he met me at his office, and examined me.
I got a punctured eyeball, and a really bad torn cornea....fortunately, the puncture didn't go real deep, but the torn cornea is gonna take a while to heal.
He installed a clear contact lens to help stabilize the torn area, and some pain drops.
No pain, now, but he wants to see me again, Mon. morning to make sure the tear hasn't spread.

Day'um, I gots squirrels and rabbits to shoot....this eyeball better get well pretty quick!!!

BarryBobPosthole
02-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Damn, that's gonna feel real good when it quits hurtin'!

BKB

HideHunter
02-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I gotta tell you = I've poked myself in the eye so many times - even I don't believe it. Just waiting on something like this to happen. I've almost got to where I won't leave the house without sunglasses. Good luck.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Better ask the doc about shooting with a torn cornea. Those things are touchy and any jarring will keep it from healing. I'm guessing he may let you shoot a .22 but nothing bigger.

Captain
02-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Ouch Cuz... That made my toes curl up in my boots just reading it... Better take care of that thing and do as he says. Don't take no chances on loosing it....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sunshine
02-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Sorry to hear ya got hurt. Ouch!!!!!!
Hope it heals fast.
I'm dealing with a victorious detachment in my left eye.
So don't fool around with this. Ask your doc about shooting!!!!

Bwana
02-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Ooooo, have to admit to cringing when I read that. Hoping it heals up well & soon.

Buckrub
02-02-2014, 10:38 PM
A victorious detachment.

I've had those on occasion. Usually late at night.

Ed, be CAREFUL man. I know a guy that lost his from a bungee cord on a four wheeler popping back and hitting him in eye.

Arty
02-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Rub lots and lots of mud in it.

Thumper
02-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Seafoam! ;)

Seriously, I'm with Cappy, that also makes my toes curl! I am a total wimp when it comes to my eyes .. so much so, I can't even stand to use eye-drops. My dad was the same way, so I guess it's hereditary!

Careful with that eye dude ... hope all works out well for you.

Buckrub
02-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Me too, Thump. Total phobia. Can't even stand eye doctor to do it. Can't wear contacts. Just a bad phobia. Makes me just shiver to think of Ed.

LJ3
02-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Let's just keep a close eye on it...

Chicken Dinner
02-03-2014, 11:35 AM
I've got a buddy who lost an eye the same way. The one good thing about wearing glasses is that I've got some sort of eye protection on. I coudn't even count the times out hunting or mountain biking where my glasses have saved me from getting poked.

A victorious detachment.

I've had those on occasion. Usually late at night.

Ed, be CAREFUL man. I know a guy that lost his from a bungee cord on a four wheeler popping back and hitting him in eye.

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Had a work associate, from Texas I might add, that lost an eye playing golf. Was hitting out of the trees and one ricocheted right back at him and put his eye out.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Just got back from my eye doc buddy for follow-up visit....all is well, no pain, perfect vision.

Problem, now is, doc's in-house lady optician wanted to adjust my glasses before I left because I had told them the limb had hit my face hard enough to send my glasses flying about 20 feet.

She broke my day'um glasses frame, while doing the re-adjust....it coulda been from the lick they took, who knows....she's a big ole gal, and was really twisting on them....anywho, I got an extra pair to wear, until they order a new frame.

airbud7
02-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Ouch Muddy, The only thing that hurts that bad is when I zipped my thing up in my zipper...:banghead

Niner
02-03-2014, 02:32 PM
What Hank said.

Glad to hear it's gonna be fine and dandy!!!

Sunshine
02-03-2014, 02:53 PM
That's good news. You dodged the bullet on that one!
Are they paying for your new frames?

Buckrub
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
"A" (singular) new frame???

Geez. I have a pair in about every room in the house...........

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I guess they aren't walmart readers from the sounds of it then. Mine cost all of $20 and take about a minute to replace. and I have many, including an emergency pair.

BKB

Buckrub
02-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Mine aren't. I got them when I had vision insurance, before I retired and lost it. I think each pair is about $800.00............. I can't see the ground without them.

However, to use the computer, I use $20 'readers'.

Big Muddy
02-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Yep, mine are tri-focals....love 'em....$750 for the Flexon Titanium frames and photochromic Transition lens....they only broke the frame, not the lens....they called and said they installed my lens in a new frame----no charge....so, I'm happy, happy, happy !!! ;)

Thumper
02-03-2014, 10:07 PM
I have an eye check-up every year and the VA gives me 2 pairs of free glasses/year. My Rx hasn't changed for the last 10-12 years so I have glasses all over the place ... beside the bed, both bathrooms, my truck, Lynn's car, Lynn's purse, etc etc. The good part is, Lynn and I have the same Rx so we share the readers and don't have to worry about them getting mixed up etc. Luckily, that's all either of us need ... just readers.