PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bucknut.....you like The Mean Pig????

Big Muddy
02-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Just walked past the tv....wifey's watching some food show with that idiot who tries to eat enormous amounts of food, without barfing....or, tremendously hot and spicy foods, again, without barfing.

He was eating at a place outside Little Rock called The Mean Pig.....they challenged him to eat a small pork BBQ sammich, topped with their Shut-Up-Juice, which consisted of one teaspoon of pure extract of habanero....I didn't stick around for the finale, but that ole boy was sweating blood from his face and forehead.

Looked like an interesting foodie hangout....you ever eat there???

Buckrub
02-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Never heard of it. I try to drive really fast through Little Rock any more. I'm a country boy.

Hmmm. I just Googled it, and it said the Mean Pig was in Cabot. Cabot ain't Little Rock. Cabot is another bedroom community of a "lot" of folks about as far from Little Rock as Conway is, in another direction.

http://www.manvsfoodlocations.com/shut-up-juice-challenge-littlerock.html

P.S.
Me and my delicate constitution leave the hot stuff to Posty. I am a mild mannered eater.

Big Muddy
02-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Okay.

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 09:05 AM
I love hot food whether its inside or OUTSIDE of Little Rock. But there's a point where the hot just doesn't have any flavor any more.

BKB

Niner
02-05-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd have had to stop when they put the cole slaw on the Sammich.

Heathens!!!!

FooBang
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
I love hot food whether its inside or OUTSIDE of Little Rock. But there's a point where the hot just doesn't have any flavor any more.

BKB
Hot red cherry peppers (http://bonnieplants.com/products/vegetables/peppers/hot-red-cherry-pepper) offer a nice combination of flavor and hotness. One of my favorites.

--Foo

Thumper
02-05-2014, 01:30 PM
I'd have had to stop when they put the cole slaw on the Sammich.

Heathens!!!!

When I first moved to Memphis, I stopped for a BBQ sammich and they served it to me with cole slaw. I asked WTF? and was told if I didn't want cole slaw, I should have ordered it that way! (I later learned ALL Memphis BBQ sammiches are served with slaw) I was in a rush, so didn't wait for another sandwich and ate it anydamnway. I was hooked instantly! To this day, that's the only way I'll eat a BBQ sammich ... with slaw!

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 01:57 PM
We always called a pulled pork sammich with cole slaw on it an Arkansas Pig Sandwich. Dang good eats too.

BKB

Buckrub
02-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Ugh.

I don't eat the food that my food eats.

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 02:55 PM
What do you eat that eats cabbage?

BKB

LJ3
02-05-2014, 04:17 PM
Cole slaw is gross people. Pull it together. a properly executed and served pulled pork sammich is soggy enough without that hellborn crap on it. That's right, HELLBORN.

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 04:48 PM
And you should speak English while eating it too!
BKB

Arty
02-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Carolina style BBQ (vinegar based sauce) not that sugary tomato sheeit.
And mama's slaw!

FooBang
02-05-2014, 06:46 PM
Cole slaw is gross people. Pull it together. a properly executed and served pulled pork sammich is soggy enough without that hellborn crap on it. That's right, HELLBORN.

I'm sorry, LJ.. On this, we'll have to disagree. Particularly while I'm eating this diet dogfood stuff, pulled pork and coleslaw sounds to be just about heaven.

--Foo

Niner
02-05-2014, 08:17 PM
......some folks eat caterpillars too....
:biggrin

quercus alba
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I'd try some pretty exotic stuff. Like maybe some of those big grubs roasted in banana leaves. Squeeze em out like toothpaste

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 08:54 PM
I've not tried tyem but fried grasshoppers are said to be good.

BKB

Captain
02-05-2014, 09:04 PM
The key to eating roasted grass hoppers is to pull their head off slowly before you roast them. The stomach will actually come out with the head. As long as you get that part out they ain't bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

airbud7
02-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Carolina style BBQ (vinegar based sauce) not that sugary tomato sheeit.
And mama's slaw!

Amen...

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I was wondering how they got rid of the tobaccy juice.

BKB

Buckrub
02-06-2014, 02:06 PM
Deer will eat the dog snot out of cabbage. So will cows and pigs.

If you need some kind of additive to hide the taste, even a little bit, of good smoked meat, then it ain't good.

LJ3
02-06-2014, 04:07 PM
There's a difference between hiding and complimenting the taste.

And hello? you put ketchup on a steak!

Buckrub
02-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Not always. Only when needed. If there's any difference in putting BBQ sauce on smoked meat, cabbage on chopped smoked meat, or ketchup on a steak, I don't know what it is.

Mostly, I like sauteed mushrooms with steak. I seldom use ketchup. But some of us are poor, and can't afford high meat cuts. So..........a little ketchup works wonders. The steak I ate with you needed it!!!! :)

But it gives y'all something to talk about........

Chicken Dinner
02-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Speaking of ketchup, I saw some at the store the other day that was "balsamic vinegar" ketchup. It was in a regular Heinz bottle, but had a black label and a silver top. I'm going have to try some of that the next tiem I go back.

Buckrub
02-06-2014, 05:04 PM
On what?

I thought Ketchup was evil?

Chicken Dinner
02-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Only when you put it on a steak!

Funny thing is I would never put it on a ribeye off the grill. (IMO, if you season it right it just doesn't need it.) But, if one of the kids doesn't finish theirs (never a problem for me) and I fry it up for breakfast I always use ketchup. Go figure.

BarryBobPosthole
02-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Maybe y'all have cabbage patch deer in Arkansas, but here they eat mostly grass and acorns.

I'll bet they're gassy critters.

BKB

Buckrub
02-06-2014, 05:37 PM
I don't think it's a main food source, goobernuts. But they eat it if offered to them. And I don't.

P.S.
I don't eat grass and acorns, either.

FooBang
02-06-2014, 08:35 PM
I was offered a wheat grass smoothie in Seattle. I drank it and immediately regretted it. Silly hipsters.

Fido
02-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Had "SLAW DOGS" in WV. Got me hooked!

Big Muddy
02-07-2014, 09:52 AM
Slaw(cabbage) is the nectar, atop any type of bbq meat sammich....'course, plain ole boilt cabbage, with some salt pork or ham hock and onion throwed into the pot, is great, too.

Serve it over a big slab of crackling cornbread in a bowl, with a glass of cold buttermilk, and you got supper. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-07-2014, 10:36 AM
I love me some bowled cabbage. Sweet like candy. and some of that green hot sauce makes it even better.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Put me down for a pork roast nestled in a bed of sauerkraut.

Big Muddy
02-07-2014, 10:48 AM
I love me some bowled cabbage. Sweet like candy. and some of that green hot sauce makes it even better.

BKB

Me, too, but NOT YOUR green hot sauce....that sheeit cauterizes, both my entrance and exit ports!!!....mainly the exit port!!! ;)