PDA

View Full Version : Phole, yo Sooners look sorta slow tonite.....

Big Muddy
02-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Maybe they'll come back in 2nd half, but down 11 pts., right now.

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 09:32 PM
I just turned it on at half. We've got a deep bench. i'm hoping those Mountaineers get sloppy in the second half. Down five right now.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Well, yo boys came out with their big boy britches on, in the second half.
Going into OT, now.

Big Muddy
02-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Sorry, bro, coulda gone either way, but WV had the home court advantage....just wasn't y'all's night.

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2014, 11:12 PM
Tough road loss. I guess they traveled for 21 straight hours before the game because of weather. They just couldn't find eir stride it seemed like. And West Virginny is pretty good at times! I sure can't tell what refs are callingthis year. They seem inconsistent as hell. One thng I've noticed is a ton of games where they don't call hardly anything in the first half and are picky as heck the second. Didn't factor in tonight but it sure is frustrating to watch.

BKB

Trav
02-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I hear they didn't get to Morgantown until about a hour before tip off, that will definitely mess with you.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Morgantown is not a nice place to play football or basketball. Redneck doesn't even begin to describe their fans.

BarryBobPosthole
02-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I reckon there was some sofa burning going on after the sooners were on their way out the door.

BKB

Buckrub
02-07-2014, 07:37 PM
I was at the Ark/Alabama game Wed night. Each year I think refs can't get worse.

They do.

Slow, anticipate, looking wrong place too often, 'show off' types just from the way they do their motions, just bad. Simply bad. I thought the NCAA Tourney last year was amazingly bad......almost some kind of conspiracy, maybe. But it has actually gotten worse. I don't know the answer.

Buckrub
02-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Coach, you're talking about Chilly Willy. He's a bad mama jamma, and will beat your butt, man. You better take that back.

:)

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-08-2014, 12:09 AM
I live on the WV/VA border and I am surrounded by WVU fans. I have very close friends who are Eers. Most of the bunch is a little touched in the head.

Penguin
02-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Good game Barry. Thought the sooners were going to win but a little luck and home court emotion got the mounties a win.

Been a tough transition for Huggins. We were an extremely physical defensive oriented team in the big east. You cant play that way in this conference. You foul out the whole team by half time! So he has had to restructure the whole program to match our new opponents.

But I'm enjoying seeing all the new venues and teams. I like the basketball of this conference a hell of a lot. Not a big fan of the type of football though. Too much passing. :-)

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Kelvin Sampson had the Sooners playing that style of ball when he was at OU and was quite successful at it. No free layups or baskets anytime. They always made them pay. Fun to watch. I like this running style a bit more. This team has set sooner scoring records which is somethi g considering Billy Tubbs' old teams that regularly scored 100+.

bKB