PDA

View Full Version : Good for him

Buckrub
02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
http://www.today.com/moms/lunch-angel-pays-kids-overdue-accounts-elementary-school-2D12062213

Monday, my 11 year old grandson in Colorado was told that his lunch money account had no money in it. So he called his Mama, and she went online that morning, and added some money.

He got in line, and they said "You have no money, you can't eat". He told them he did, and they said nope. They turned him away, and made him sit by himself without offering any food. He went without lunch.

His Mama was to go check on this.......and I've not read of any bloodshed in Colorado, so I don't know what happened. Probably find out soon.

I have one more comment on this, but I'll not make it here.

LJ3
02-06-2014, 04:01 PM
We have a similar system in our County. It can take a day or two for the money to hit the lunch account. BUT... they have a little cheese sammich bag they can give the kid so they don't starve in the meantime.

HideHunter
02-06-2014, 04:26 PM
You know what? I am not a "charitable" person. In fact, I have been known to be downright stingy. I pretty much hate programs that "give" people anything. But I told my wife when this story first broke.. That would not have happened on my watch.(I'm talking about when the took the kid's trays away from them and dumped them in the trash.) I'd have opened my billfold. Not so much for the "nutritional" aspect - milk and fruit was probably all most of them needed.. But can you imagine how those little shits felt? Broke my heart - and that don't happen often.

Chicken Dinner
02-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Same here, LJ. I'm not sure what wrong with some folks.

BarryBobPosthole
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
That's the same thought I had HH. Some little kid was made to feel like his Mom is a deadbeat because they took his lunch away. I wonder who is the asshole behind this? somebody had to make that decision somewhere. That's who needs to be on the news explaining this shit.

BKB

Bwana
02-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Totally agree with you HH.

airbud7
02-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Totally agree with you HH.

+3...

FooBang
02-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Ridiculous. Sometimes, I don't where we are going as a nation.

--Foo

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Our school system did the cheese sandwich thing this year and it created quite an uproar. The November election saw all of the school board members who's terms were up get booted. The policy was quickly changed.

Buckrub
02-06-2014, 10:34 PM
He would have enjoyed a cheese sandwich. He got nothing but a sneer.