PDA

View Full Version : White Christmas

Buckrub
02-07-2014, 11:48 PM
Daughter and Grandson are here from South Carolina. They couldn't come Christmas, several reasons, work, health, etc. But they're here for 3 days, drove in last night.

We kept the Christmas tree up for 'em, and just had our little Christmas. Watching TV, shades all drawn, and I went to look outside. BAM! Several inches of snow.

We be's havin' a White Christmas here!!!

Big Muddy
02-07-2014, 11:54 PM
Been snowing here too for a couple of hours....our first of the year....snowflakes are big as pig ears. ;)

jb
02-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Enjoy it while it last, our problem is, it lasts to looooooong.:thumbsup

Big Muddy
02-08-2014, 09:59 AM
JB, it didn't last very long, before turning to freezing rain, and thankfully, that didn't last long, either.

I got a kick outta one of the Weather Channel "experts", this morning....there's suppose to be some sort of reverse-flowing system, coming into our area, in the next 36 hours....when asked, what the weather was going to be like, he actually said, "I just don't know."....finally, a weather man who actually tells the truth. ;)

Buckrub
02-08-2014, 11:25 AM
We get "Weather Nation".

They sure do sound funny.

Big Muddy
02-08-2014, 01:15 PM
We get "Weather Nation".

They sure do sound funny.

Is that what direct tv had to resort to, after the Weather Channel gave them the boot??? ;)

Buckrub
02-08-2014, 02:01 PM
I guess. It's on Ch 362, same as Weather Channel. I actually like it better......but I don't sit and watch either one of 'em. Just enough to know what's what, sorta, where my kids live. The local TV channels all have a 24 hour website for nothing but weather, so it ain't like it's hard info to find.

Actually, I'm so inattentive.......I thought for last two weeks that the Weather Channel had simply changed their name, since it was on the same channel number. I mean.......it's a discussion of weather. I usually just look outside.

Buckrub
02-08-2014, 02:05 PM
I didn't even know the Weather Channel wasn't on till last weekend, when someone told me at the Mudfest. I just googled this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2014/01/30/weather-channel-shaking-off-directv-dispute-focusing-on-future/

And all I know now is that the arguments in THIS article are 100% right (just from my person view) for Direct TV and 100% wrong for the Weather Channel. Direct TV is expensive enough. Whatever they can do to keep costs down, I'm for.

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2014, 03:27 PM
I get 500 channels of bullshit. WFN is one of my favorite channels thou.

BKB