PDA

View Full Version : Making these day'um geese sheeit themselves....

Big Muddy
02-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I'm still trying to run these day'um geese outta my wheat fields....finally, found something that scares them so bad, that I actually saw them sheeiting themselves, while flying off....picked this stuff up yesterday from Reed-Joseph Co., in Greenville, MS....they specialize in bird and wildlife control products.
The red ones launch into the air about 100 ft., and make a bang like a small cannon....you can actually feel the percussion from them....the yellow ones are some mean-screamers....they launch into the air about 150 ft., and sound sorta like a pterodactyl, with the screaming sheeits. ;)

Buckrub
02-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Don't they just circle and come back?

Don't you have a lot of .17 WMR ammo? :AR

Big Muddy
02-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Don't they just circle and come back?

They did, but NOT NOW !!!!! ;)

hotshot
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
We have found a perfect way to get rid of geese.
Allow 30 inches of snow to cover the fields. Have a temp of 10 degrees or less, mostly below 0, for at least a week at a time.
The birds give up on trying to stay in the area and fly 45 miles south.
We are in the last week of goose season up here, and nary a bird to be found.
I have put in 100's of miles scouting... no birds around.

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Eddie has declared war on them sumbitches.

BKB

hotshot
02-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I'd LOVE to help, but the drive to MISS on a weekend would not allow any hunting time by the time we'd have to turn around.

Big Muddy
02-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Come on down Hotshot....you can stay at my little cabin in the woods....that is, just as soon as it warms up enough for me to fix all the busted water lines....right now, however, you'll have to pee in the yard, and dump in the woods. ;)

Booger
02-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Same bangers and screamers we use at work to run off the ducks and geese that sit on the waste water ponds here at the sewer plant right next to our airport. We have a permit from USFW to harass, and if that does not work then me and another guy shoot them.

LJ3
02-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Any way you cut it, even though they're causing significant damage, that kinda looks like a little fun can be had with that stuff :)

Big Muddy
02-10-2014, 02:54 PM
It IS fun, Len....especially, when you sneak up close enough to 'em to let that banger explode right in amongst 'em, before they realize it's there. :atomic