PDA

View Full Version : JB........me.........um........not sure who else...

Buckrub
02-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Will remember 50 years ago tonight.

They caused some kids in Conway, AR to form a band, and we had long hair and bangs..........and suede 'beatle boots'......and matching clothes....and made a few bucks. One is a psychologist somewhere, I think Colorado. One is a retired banker in Houston. One is a practicing surgeon in Texarkana. And one wastes all his time on the internet.

all because of "I wanna hold your hand".

Thumper
02-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Same here. After watching The Ed Sullivan Show ... Mark L, Timmy V, Jackie H. and myself saw how all the wimmins wanted to throw their panties at 'em. We were only in the 6th grade, but we immediately decided we wanted some of that! So, we formed a group called "The Hypers"!

hy·per [hahy-per]

adjective

1. overexcited; overstimulated; keyed up.
2. seriously or obsessively concerned; fanatical.
3. hyperactive.

Don't ask me ... it seemed to fit at the time. We didn't have much money and had to make our own "uniforms" ... make that, t-shirts with the letters "H-Y-P-E-R-S" cut out by hand and glued onto some white Fruit-of the-Looms! Needless to say, we didn't set the world on fire or land a recording contract, but at least Debbie Davis (whom I had the hots for) became a "groupie" and we ended up "going steady"! :D

jb
02-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Sadly 50 years ago I was at Camp LeJeune playing Marine. We didn't have TV in the barracks.
We did have a jukebox in the laundry room and a song "I want to hold your hand" played just about 24hr. a day.
For the next 6 years short hair with white walls was the haircut of the day.