PDA

View Full Version : EDDIE???? Noon Wednesday.....you ok?

Buckrub
02-12-2014, 02:11 PM
You got power? Lots don't.

Niner, has it hit you yet? Ice or snow??

Cappy is getting hammered.

anyone else in that area???

If you do NOT have power, raise your hand!

Captain
02-12-2014, 02:17 PM
We are getting spanked. Like something JB, Bwana and Sky gets...
Hope your daughter is OK. Tell her if she needs anything to call me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Is that a chimnea I espy in your yard there Cappy? Do you burn exotic pinon pine wood in it to enjoy the aroma?

I'll bet you have to stand close to that sumbitch to get warm.

I can just see Captain out there drinking tea and eating cucumber sammiches in front of his chiminea.

BKB

Buckrub
02-12-2014, 02:26 PM
HA@!

You took a picture of your shop/garage FROM YOUR HOUSE. Go out there to the shop and take a picture of the house dude! HA! Wimpo!

and I do appreciate the concern. Michael HAS to go to work (EMT) and I don't know how that has worked out. Once there, if he gets there, he may have to stay ninety two shifts in a row. That's fine, he's 20 years old!! But..............if you can't get to Pageland, you also can't get to Clover. And I bet you ain't gonna drive 65 miles on your Gator to go help her, now are ya???

If Bubba and Bride are headed there, you MIGHT divert them to somewhere warm........like Maine or New York City. No, not Maine.......they don't like Maine. Maybe Canada.

Captain
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
That chimney thing is something Cheryl's Mom gave her a few years ago. She picks up sticks in the yard and burns them in that thing.
I'd go help you daughter if she needed help. Might take me a day and a half to get there but I'd go...
It's snowing so hard if I backed up enough to take a picture of the house you can't see it.
I'll have to go up to mom and dads later today to handle the horses I'll take one then.

jb
02-12-2014, 02:39 PM
We call that just a "dusting of snow" :wink
Make sure that's all gone by next week.

Buckrub
02-12-2014, 02:42 PM
I know you would. Well, matter of fact, since school is out, she is home. So, I bet she'll need bread and milk and some deli turkey in a few days. It'd be easier for you to bring it to her than for her to go across the street to Walmart!!! :)

I predict that in five days, the South Will Rise Again, and temps will be closer to normal.

Buckrub
02-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Ed still hasn't said nuthin'............

Big Muddy
02-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Doing fine, Buckney....no power loss...we barely missed the bad sheeit by just a few miles....now, it's just a mushy nasty mess....screwed up my rabbit hunting plans, but other than that, we will survive just fine.

Thanks for asking.

Captain
02-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Still snowing.

Buckrub
02-12-2014, 04:35 PM
If you can see your house, you ain't gonna impress Bubba or Big Sky or Bwana.

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2014, 04:43 PM
When my parents first built our house out on the farm, we raked our hay with a rake almost just like the one you have there in your yard. Was made to pulled by a horse only the old man hooked it up to his tractor. My job was to sit on the rake and trip the handle to make the rake raise up when I was supposed to. The rear wheels would lock up when you tripped the handle and it felt like the whole rake was going to raise up in the air, then it'd catch and when the rake fell it'd shake the whole damn world. Of course, my step Dad drove that tractor almost in road gear with me perched on that damned old cultivator type seat. I cut that fucker up and made a dandy tree stand out of that seat when I was about 16. You could chain and boomer it to a tree and it was there solid as a rock. Only weighed about 60 pounds. but I never rode that damnd rake any more.

Captain
02-12-2014, 05:34 PM
Yea, I've dumped those hay takes too! Never behind a mule. All of them were converted to tractor pull by the time I came along. I still have one set with the horse shafts attached. Several years ago I got on a kick to buy some of the old horse drawn implements made by McCormick company. Mother is a direct descendent of Cyrus McCormick that invented the reaper and thus the implement company. So I acquired some of the older a stuff family had and have plans of one day restoring some of it....

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2014, 05:39 PM
That'd be some cool stuff to work on. My cousin has a horse drawn hay baler all fully restored sitting in his yard. I think it took like four men to operate it. One stuffer, one to feed wire into the baler, one to unload and the last one to tend to the mules. We also got an old horse powered hammer mill out one time and put the belt around the belt attachment on his tractor. That thing almost leviated, but we sure enough ground some corn it it. Talk about a dusty job! We were mainly just doing to see if we could make it work. If that thing had thrown a belt it would've killed us. But the good Lord protect fools I've always heard.

BKB

Captain
02-12-2014, 05:57 PM
That hay baler would be a neat piece to see operate. I've got a two row peanut planter that is pretty cool too.
I use to work at a sawmill when I was bulldozing for a living. We would cut saw logs and stack them at the mill off of job sites and during wet weather when we could not run dozers we would cut at the mill. It was a VERY old sawmill. The blade was round and about 5 foot across. We powered the mill with the belt drive of an M Farmall. That belt was probably 60 feet long...
Have you ever been in a sawmill when a ring and tooth flew off one of them blades?

Buckrub
02-12-2014, 06:01 PM
If you and Ed ever hook up, I'll never forgive either of you if you don't notify me. I'll call Posthole (no answer of course) and we'll come too.

I promise to sit in the corner and just listen. You guys know some stuff.

Big Muddy
02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Speaking of hay equipment....a buddy of mine and I were reminiscing, a few days ago, about the good ole days....he told me about a time when his Dad had rented some hay equipment....the equipment owner was an azzhole, and would come by several times a day to check on his equipment, and snarl at his Dad, if he thought he was operating the equipment incorrectly....actually, his Dad was an excellent mechanic, and knew more about operating the equipment, than the owner.

The owner showed up late that afternoon, again....he flung open the truck door, flagged down his Dad, and immediately started mouthing off about some minor thing....his Dad listened politely, then, began mowing the tall grass, again, as the owner sped away.

A few minutes later, the owner returned, flagged down his Dad, and asked if he had seen his feist dog, Little Man....he said he hadn't, so they began searching for the dog in the tall pasture grass.

After a short search, they found the dog....evidently, the dog had hopped out of the owner's truck, and got lost in the tall grass....the hay mower had cut off all four legs of the little dog, and he bled out, completely.

The owner began ranting, raving, and cussing the man, accusing him of killing the dog, as retaliation for him pestering the guy about his equipment....his Dad held his temper for a while, then, finally told the owner that he didn't appreciate all the cussing around his kids, and it would be better, if he just left his farm....he sped off in his truck.

Next morning, he and his Dad headed to the hay field, to finish up mowing....every piece of the owner's equipment was gone....hay mower, wind rower, and hay baler were all gone.

The guy had come in the middle of the night, and "stole" his own equipment. ;)

Niner
02-12-2014, 06:51 PM
We're ALL gonna meet up at the GoodHunting rendezvous in a few months. Right???

Captain
02-12-2014, 06:58 PM
What rendezvous? Is that sorta like the fishing forum?

Captain
02-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Well Eddie our Saturday Rabbit hunt just got cancelled too.... Still snowing and suppose to continue till tomorrow mid day or so. We have NEVER had snow 4 days in a row.
I hate this crap!

Thumper
02-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Thunderstorms just rolled through here ... the temps are supposed to start dropping now. Highs from the 80's to the 60's over night. Sheeesh, keep this crap up there where it belongs!

Captain
02-12-2014, 08:20 PM
Bite me you Florida Cracker!

Thumper
02-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Can I borrow the beach house this weekend Cappy? I mean, since you can't get out of your driveway and all ... it should be unoccupied ... correct? :D

Captain
02-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Errrrrrr you pushing it ain't cha'
You remember where the key is hid don't you....
Somebody needs to use it. I've been there 5 days in the past two years.

BarryBobPosthole
02-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Warm weather is on its way. We hit 40 for the first timethis month today. You guys usually get our weather about two days later. Mid 60s this weekend.
BKB

Captain
02-12-2014, 10:57 PM
I hope you are right. 40 would be great! That would release me from having to run back and fourth every day thawing out water tanks and getting water lines running... :-)
I'm SO ready for it.