PDA

View Full Version : Arty, it is possible..........

Buckrub
02-13-2014, 01:58 PM
That Posthole is a genius.

My "server not found" issues have continued all morning. Drive me nuts.

So on Posty's advice, I went to my router and logged in and it said "Firmware upgrade available". One click, and five minutes of sitting here watching it do its thing automagically, it rebooted itself, and voila.........I've had no problems since! Limited exposure since, I admit, but so far, so good.

FWIW, I've got a Netgear Genie, Model WNDR3700v3.

If it starts again, I'll report in......but when Posty said "upgrade your router", I sorta slapped my head and thought "Yeah, why didn't I think of that?".....

Works so far.

Arty
02-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Well I'll be. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get into my router setting now.... Well I've got nothin' else to do. Snowed in.

Thumper
02-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Sheeesh! I've had my router probably 10-15 years (no clue how long really) and have never updated. I didn't even know you had to update the things. Come to think of it, if I wanted to update, I'd have no clue where to start! Where do you look?

Buckrub
02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Router has a spoof IP address. Your 'main' computer on your home LAN should have the software that came with it to get into it. Enter your password....the user name is almost always " admin" unless you changed it. You're in........ do whatever.

Mine had a 'update available' button at top. Just clicked it, and off I went.

Thanks again, Posty.

Thumper
02-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Dang ... I'm sure the instructions are around here ... SOMEPLACE! I know I wouldn't have thrown them away. Heck, I really don't have any problems ... I wonder if it updates automatically? I'm on DSL with Verizon and it's the router Verizon sent me way back when.

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2014, 04:50 PM
google it noob. there'll be an online manual for it.
BKB