PDA

View Full Version : Do you subscribe to a daily newspaper? If "YES" what is the monthly/annual cost?

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 05:11 PM
If you subscribe to a daily or "Sunday Only", even, newspaper say so. And if yes, tell me about what you pay monthly or annually?

My subscription just came up. I like the paper, it's the state's newspaper (the city paper I get just for my mother, it sucks....about 4 pages), it has good content, and I enjoy it. BUT, it's going up up up up, and the new price is $23 a month. I just can't pay that. I pay for a home phone land line that my wife won't let me drop, 3 newspapers (one for mother), and some kind of luxury is going to have to go.............

I know newspaper subscriptions are going down, down, down.........just curious how y'all deal with it. It's like seeing an old friend go, but geez..........I ain't made of money.

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2014, 05:16 PM
Yes, $15 a month if I pay annually which is uh.....carry the two subtract the one and round up..........$180 a year.

Now can I put my shoes back on?
BKB

LJ3
02-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Nope.

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 05:17 PM
You clicked no, and said yes in your answer.

are you in management?

OK, maybe someone else did.

What do you get that is only $15 a month?

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2014, 05:20 PM
M-F and weekend delivery and access to their on line content. Its cheaper the closer you get to civilization.

BKB

Thumper
02-14-2014, 05:20 PM
I used to be a newspaper junkie ... even at an early age (8 ... 9 yrs. old?) I'd get up early and have the paper read before leaving for school. (I've always been an EARLY riser ... even as a kid) To be honest, after serving in the military and realizing what is in the paper ain't necessarily what is REALLY going on, I never looked at another newspaper. Sure, I missed out on the local stuff, but I could catch that on tv or the radio. I only started getting the paper again when I had my business because I checked my ads (as well as the competition) every day. Once I started spending more "leisure" time on the computer, I read the local paper that way. I can't remember the last time I subscribed to the paper ... it's been many years.

That said, my mom has the paper read and 2-3 cups of coffee down the hatch by 8:00 - 9:00 every morning.

Thumper
02-14-2014, 05:23 PM
You clicked no, and said yes in your answer.

are you in management?

OK, maybe someone else did.

What do you get that is only $15 a month?

That may have been me Bucky. When I clicked no, it showed only one response in each category.

LJ3
02-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I said no and clicked no and you may bite me and never get to the end of this sentence because I've lost all my punctuation keys on my keyboard and itsentirelypossiblemyspacebarwillbethenextthingtog o

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Here, you can't get online access without a home delivery subscription!!!

I don't read it till after 'work' is over, end of day.

I never, ever, EVER, EVER, EVER read the front page. No interest. Nada.

I read
A) Sports page
B) Editorials (the funniest part of the paper)
C) Funnies

Rest gets handed to my wife. She reads every word. Five times each.

LJ3
02-14-2014, 05:43 PM
I do kinda miss my Sunday paper ritual... coffee, paper, sitting around.

BarryBobPosthole
02-14-2014, 05:52 PM
He blames everything on me.

BKB

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Well, duh. Rightly so. Your wife must be very smug.

I mean, are you EVER right?

(you did remember what day it is, right? I DO worry about Hotshot.........not being able to get out and all)

Chicken Dinner
02-14-2014, 06:26 PM
I finally canceled it permanently a few months ago when it went up to $50+ for six weeks. Now, I just read it with their app mostly. On Sunday's I make a paper and doughnut run before anyone else gets up. I still like the big paper on Sunday and my youngest boy likes his Sunday doughnut.

Bwana
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
Used to just get the Sunday paper but even then it seems I usually ended up reading it a day or two later as I had more important things to do rather then read the paper. Going the Sunday only route it was $9/month.

Captain
02-14-2014, 07:34 PM
200 bucks a year for Friday, Saturday and Sunday Charlotte Observer. I look at the pictures... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jb
02-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Local paper,$20 a month, 7 days a week,delivered before I get up. Could not live without it.

Arty
02-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Local paper. Runs twice a week, Sunday and Wednesday.
It's $24 for 6 months I think.

It's typically 8 pages from front to back.

Niner
02-15-2014, 10:53 AM
IF I were to subscribe to a local paper, it would have to be either the Atlanta Journal Constipation, or the little county newspaper. The AJC leans farther left than MSNBC, so the only reason to get one of them would be for the Sunday sale flyers. I usually get one at the convenience store around the holidays.

I keep thinking about subscribing to the local paper, but haven't done it yet. I usually look at their online content.
http://www.times-herald.com/

Big Muddy
02-15-2014, 11:03 AM
I don't hafta to subscribe to newspapers, anymore....I get all my news from you goofy GH dufes.

And, I just KNOW none of ya'll will lie to me about anything!!!! Yeah, right!!! ;)