PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS WHY I CAN NOOOTTTTT STAND TEXANS!!!!

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 05:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/manziel-i-want-to-be-first-rookie-qb-to-win-super-bowl-with-texans-021414

Thumper
02-14-2014, 05:25 PM
THIS IS WHY I CAN NOOOTTTTT STAND FOOTBALL!!!! ;)

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 05:26 PM
I almost agree with you.

:bulb

Niner
02-14-2014, 06:31 PM
So you don't like The Texans football team, or Texans in general?

Bwana
02-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Again, come on you two this is getting ridiculous.

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
I don't like Texan Humans. I don't even care IF they have a football team. I lived there. They think the planet is theirs, and everyone is just an unwelcome visitor.

Bwana
02-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Have only been to Texas once and that was San Antonio. Not sure what the rest of Texas is like but the ladies working behind the bar at the English Pub place along the river walk were sure nice…looking.

Buckrub
02-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Texas women, and southern women, are nice to look at.

Texas men (Sorry Bert) are usually crazy. Just drive there once and you'll know. Play any kind of ball against them, and you'll know.

HideHunter
02-14-2014, 09:21 PM
I like Texas women - but - Georgia.. sweetest women in the world.

Thumper
02-14-2014, 11:12 PM
I lived in Texas for a spell. I may have kids and grand kids running around that state for all I know.

Captain
02-14-2014, 11:27 PM
I lived in Texas for a spell. I may have kids and grand kids running around that state for all I know.
I bet Bucky will agree with you... :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
02-15-2014, 01:36 AM
I do.

Thumper
02-15-2014, 07:45 AM
I do???? That will ALWAYS remind me of my dad. Whenever I'd say the words "I do" ... my dad would give me "that look" and say, "Son, those are two words you should NEVER say!"

(It was usually said with a smile when my mom was within earshot)

Funny thing is .... I've done a pretty good job of heeding his advice! :D

Niner
02-15-2014, 10:36 AM
I've met good ones and bad ones. Most of the folks I've met in Houston are real nice folks.

BarryBobPosthole
02-15-2014, 10:55 AM
I lived in Texas twice,the first time when I was 18 and moved there on a whim in north Texas and stayed a cole years and the second time after the military when I stayed there five years. I have to say that most Texans that I can't stand aren't Texans at all but are transplants from somewhere else. That's especially true in Dallas where assholes with NY accents are on every street corner. All hat and no cattle as they say down there.

Their sports programs are different and I won't cut them any slack.

I especially remember the people I met and worked with in north Texas when I was just a young buck. I met some awesome people in little towns like Bonham and Tom Bean and Van Alstine and Whitesboro and so on. I had a route I'd run when I worked for a wholesaler out of Sherman and it hit most all of the little towns in north east Texas. They're salt of the earth there. I also managed a couple of sites out in Longview and Tyler for MCI years later. That's where Bert is from!

So they ain't all bad!

BKB

Buckrub
02-15-2014, 01:25 PM
No. Of course they ain't. Had good friends when I lived there.

But this guy is a "Typical Blowhard".

The ONLY thing that Dale Bumpers EVER said that I agreed with, was......when W. Texas was trying every crazy way to get water.....they wanted to put a water pipe all the way to Lake Ouachita in SW Arkansas. Duh. Arkansas fought it, and won. But during the fight, Dale Bumpers said 'Let them build it and pay for it, but just a plain 1/4 inch pipe. If they can suck as hard as they can blow, they can have all the water they want'".

BarryBobPosthole
02-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Dale Bumpers was from Charleston. I went to part of second grade in Charleston and had some first cousins that lived in a Charleston suburb, Bloomer. In fact my cousins still live in Bloomer. Charleston though, could very well have been Mayberry when I was that age. and I guess I could've been Opie.

BKB

Buckrub
02-15-2014, 04:11 PM
I see the resemblance.

Brad Taylor was from there. Not sure if "Taylor" is a subliminal coincidence or not.

Captain
02-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Could be twins....

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
02-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Personally, I like Texans....sure there are some numb-nuts there, but so are there some in Ark. and even MS. ;)

I like 'me 'cause they don't take sheeit off anybody....and, if they secede, I might just move there. ;)

I fell in love with San Antonio.

Thumper
02-15-2014, 05:47 PM
I have two sisters in Texas (as well as a bunch'a nieces and nephews) and my dad lived in San Antonio until he passed away a few years ago.

I lived in Texas as a kid ... kinda liked it actually ... 'til I had a low number drawn in the draft lottery and had to move. :(

BarryBobPosthole
02-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Ed that hilly country down there in south Texas is some pretty country. The water down there is amazing. I think most of the rivers though come up out ofthe ground instead of being watersheds like we have.
San Marcos is a dad gum pretty little town.

BKB

Big Skyz
02-15-2014, 06:43 PM
I like Texas and most Texan's that I've met. Then again I only run around with Texans that love to hunt and haven't really met the rest. Then again I could say that about most places I've gone.

Buckrub
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Well, this kid is a Texan. He gets away with this because of it. If he lived anywhere else, he'd be a jerk.

OK, wait................