PDA

View Full Version : I have a VERY SERIOUS question

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 12:47 PM
Is ANYTHING on this earth better'n bacon?????

Just wow. I love me some bacon done right.

LJ3
02-24-2014, 12:53 PM
From my 52 years on this earth I have yet to come across anything that is the equal of perfectly cooked bacon. The thicker, the better.

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 12:55 PM
If I had not just eaten more than I should have, I'd go cook more.

It's just orgasmic.

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2014, 12:57 PM
I keep seeing the ad for 'perfect bacon bowls' on TV. Yeah, I watch a lot of stupid shows on TV where that sort of thing is advertised. I may have to order one.

BKB

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Oh......speaking of which.......

No clue WHY this crossed my mind.......but as I lay in bed and solved all my money problems, health problems, kids' money problems, and all other problems that might exist, I thought of this.............................................. ...................... Why not get the big piece of belly meat that the bacon is sliced off of.........and before it's sliced, smoke that????

I mean, I've seen "standing rib roasts" and all that.........and ribeye steaks BEFORE they wuz cut up.........but never bacon. I don't know of anyone who has tried it. But, surely it'd be good, wouldn't it???

Chicken Dinner
02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Just google up pork belly recipes. I've actually had it in a couple or really nice restaurants. Good stuff.

http://www.porkbeinspired.com/Cut_Belly.aspx

Captain
02-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Bacon..... Uummmmmm MEAT CANDY! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
02-24-2014, 03:03 PM
I keep seeing the ad for 'perfect bacon bowls' on TV. Yeah, I watch a lot of stupid shows on TV where that sort of thing is advertised. I may have to order one.

BKB

I'll split the cost if you send me the 2nd one :)

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Plus postage and handling, of course.

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2014, 03:28 PM
If we buy two sets, then we'll have two free ones we can sell and split the profits and will have only paid half price. And we can make the buyers pay our shipping and handling costs.

BKB

airbud7
02-24-2014, 03:30 PM

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
02-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Used to be a meat packing house about 45 minutes from here that cured bacon. We killed hogs one year and took 4 slabs to them, a week later we picked up about 60 pounds of pure heaven. We sliced it thick for frying or grilling then cut a bunch of chunks for beans. I avoided blood pressure cuffs and cholesterol tests for about two years after that.

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2014, 07:25 PM
My parents were big believers in sugar curing so our bacon didn't have a lot of smoky flavor. It made for pretty good bacon though. I actually prefer the meatier versions of bacon in the upper midwest over the salty, overly processed bacon we like in the south. I tolerate it pretty well though.

BKB

Big Muddy
02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Hey, here's an idea for us hardcore pork lovers....bacon-stuffed-chittlins-wrapped-in-sausage !!! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2014, 07:38 PM
Well..........as long as it's deep fried I guess.

BKB

Trav
02-24-2014, 07:56 PM
I have 60 lbs of pork belly coming next week, I had my friend who owns a butchershop order it for me. Going to cure my own bacon and do a braised pork belly.

Big Muddy
02-24-2014, 08:03 PM
I have 60 lbs of pork belly coming next week, I had my friend who owns a butchershop order it for me. Going to cure my own bacon and do a braised pork belly.

Coordinates to your house, Trav???!!! ;)

Captain
02-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Let me tell you dufe what I do and y'all can follow suit and thank me later.
Whenever you going to make burger out of deer meat you have to add some fat to it when you grind it.
The next time you gonna grind burger DONT USE FAT...
Go buy bacon and use it instead of fat... My GOD is it good! however much fat you need just purchase that amount of bacon and grind it in with the deer meat instead of fat.
You will thank me....

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't add anything to ground deer meat. I grind it myself..........Michael cannot eat any red meat other than deer........so I ensure he gets 100% deer and nothing else. And when I started that, I like my deer meat better with nothing added. Just my tastes.

Captain
02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
The deer here are so lean that if you don't add something to the meat you cannot get a hamburger patty stay together on the grill.
You must have unusual deer....

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 10:31 PM
No, same. I agree.

I use a TON of deer meat. OK OK OK OK, not a ton cause I don't kill a ton!!! :huh But I have used a lot of deer meat in my life and have a lot in the freezer.

The one thing I don't care to do with deer meat is make a hamburger. Can't do it, don't like it, don't care for it even if beef/pork fat is added, and that's one food I use solely 80/20 ground beef for.

Every other use of ground red meat, I use pure deer.

I will say this.......we cleaned about 8 deer this year that had more fat than I've ever seen in my life. Some of them didn't. But these 8 did. And one other thing........every deer that I grind up, with nothing added, when I brown it for a casserole or whatever.........I drain just as much grease/fat off of it as I do any ground beef that I buy at Kroger.

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
OK, wait.

Look me straight in the eye and tell me that you know where your grill even is???????

Captain
02-24-2014, 10:40 PM
I know exactly where it is. I have to change the gas tank on it when Cheryl tells me it's out....