PDA

View Full Version : Well, you Gummint Lovers should LOVE this one

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 02:43 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/epa-wood-stove-proposal-prompt-rural-backlash-22638554

Next up??? Why, making campfires illegal, of course. That's being fought hard by the well-heeled Marshmellow Lobby, though.

Geez.

airbud7
02-24-2014, 03:13 PM
just let 'em try and give me a ticket

Penguin
02-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Lol, I figured you'd put this one up. :)

TBH I have long wondered when the EPA would get around to this stuff. Believe it or not, as far as emissions go there is more to be had from stoves, furnaces, and whatnot than there is in cars now. They've been cleaned up so much there isn't much there compared to this stuff.

To me it is overreach. Not sure those folks have any idea how things work in the country. Nor how tight to the vest many of the folks burning firewood live. Maybe someone will shortcircuit this before it does too much harm.

Will

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
They do this in the South, and you'll see a really bloody civil war, I guarantee it.

Course, if the gummint thunked it up, it MUST be a good idea, though. Sorta like worrying about OUR coal and not China's. Last I heard, we all inhabit the same planet. But the US Gummint thinks global regulations HERE make some kinda difference all over, I guess.

Typical interferin' worthless scumbags, is all they are.

Penguin
02-24-2014, 04:53 PM
..... Sorta like worrying about OUR coal and not China's. Last I heard, we all inhabit the same planet.

There is a terribly relevant concept responsible for this type of phenomenon. I am afraid to bring it up lest your conservative soul lapses into a dangerous conniption fit. :)

Will

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2014, 05:07 PM
He's already got himself worked up into a conservative rhetoric frenzy, Willy. One more little shove and he'll tip right over. Into what, I'm not sure of.

BKB

LJ3
02-24-2014, 05:08 PM
con·nip·tion noun \kə-ˈnip-shən\
: behavior that shows that you are suddenly very angry, upset, etc.

Full Definition of CONNIPTION

: a fit of rage, hysteria, or alarm <went into conniptions>
See conniption defined for English-language learners »

LJ3
02-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Huh?

""There's not a stove in the United States that can pass the test right now — this is the death knoll of any wood burning," Reg Kelly, the founder of Earth Outdoor Furnaces in Mountain Grove, told Missouri lawmakers during a recent hearing.

Death KNOLL?

death knell or death bell
n
1. something that heralds death or destruction
2. (Music, other) a bell rung to announce a death

BarryBobPosthole
02-24-2014, 05:14 PM
What a company name.It has only three words in it and two of them are 'Earth' and 'Outdoors'.

Maybe Reg meant Chuck Knoll.

BKB

Big Skyz
02-24-2014, 05:20 PM
If this actually became law it would seriously piss me off, not to mention pert near bankrupt me. Burning wood is the only way I can stay ahead of the propane bill.

Penguin
02-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Ok, you asked for it. :)

Tragedy of the Commons.

Commonly derided for everything from a left wing BS fest to historical inaccuracies. Even been called right wing BS in its mutated form that argues for unfettered property rights. But the truth is it goes a long way to explaining why it is so tough to maintain common resources when they are unowned, as the air we breathe is.

It is in no one's long term interest to make our air unbreathable. But it is also in everyone's economic interest to maintain the status quo and burn it all. Asap.

Will

Chicken Dinner
02-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Shit stirrer...

Penguin
02-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Moi? :)

Well one thing for sure, this is a complex and complicated world. There is a side of me that wants to tackle these issues and thrash them out and come to a resolution. But I have to admit that there is another side of me that starts giggling uncontrollably at the naivety that we could move a couple billion more people into US middle class lifestyles on the resources that this planet has.

Will

Buckrub
02-24-2014, 06:29 PM
My wife's grandmother was a Knoll..........