PDA

View Full Version : Ummm, yeah, sure, where do I send the check?

Big Skyz
02-25-2014, 02:06 PM
My oldest daughter is making me crazy wanting to buy her first car. She's saved up here money and she should be able to get a decent car. Being the good dad I basically told her to stick with Toyota Corolla's, Camry's or Honda Accords. Mostly because I don't want to spend my every free weekend working on her car. So she's been watching Craigslist like a hawk. Today she came in all excited wanted me to email this person about their 2003 Toyota Camry.

Here is the email I got from that individual this morning:

Hello ,

My name is Amanda and I am selling this 2003 Toyota Camry XLE, because of my disability, being deaf and not able to drive it. It belonged to my husband, who passed away not long ago. The car is in perfect condition, I had an mechanic look over it before placing the ad. I do have the title, clear and is under my name. The car has about 64,714 miles on it, Automatic Transmission, Engine: 2.4L, 4 cylinders. As i stated in my ad the price is $1,850. I've recently moved to Omaha, NE, I have the car with me and i am able to ship it to you at no extra cost.
Let me know if you are interested, email back.
Regards !!

P. S : You can view the pictures here: http://s851.photobucket.com/user/03-camry-xle/library/

Anyone want to bet that all I'd have to do is send them the money and they will "promise" delivery? Oh, and did I mention this car is worth $8000.00-$10,000.00? Don't think I'll be having my daughter buy a car from a deaf widow in Nebraska anytime soon. Sheeesh!

Big Muddy
02-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Sky, you nailed it....sounds similar to that RV deal I looked at a couple of years, ago.

Just for kicks and giggles, see if the deaf lady will deliver it to your doorstep, let you drive/inspect it, and THEN, pay her, IF you like it. ;)

Big Skyz
02-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Big Muddy that was pretty much exactly what I emailed her. Here is the response I just received. Would to meet this person and slap the crap out of them sometime:

Please give me a little time to explain you the process of this transaction.
As I told you in my first e-mail, I've recently moved to Omaha, NE. Before leaving I had prearranged the deal with Google Wallet services so my presence isn't necessary. The vehicle is now located in NE, at the shipping company, ready to be delivered. It will arrive at your address in 3-4 days. The shipping costs are included in the total price of the car ! You will have 5 days to test and inspect the vehicle prior to make any purchase. So if you want to make this deal I need the following details from you:
full name and address
phone #
After I will have all this details I will forward them to Google Wallet and I will proceed with this transaction. Google Wallet will contact you with all the details that you need to complete this deal and also to see that I am covered by them and that I am legit seller. Waiting your email with the requested details.

Thank you,
Amanda

Big Skyz
02-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Come to think of it I should really mess with them and tell them I have a cousin in Omaha. I'll just have him swing by and check out the car and the title for me. Might even be funnier if I said he was a cop. :D

Thumper
02-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Actually, when I was driving my truck, our home office was in Omaha. I know a couple people there ... well, I ASSUME they're still there. I could also call a couple of drivers I've stayed in touch with and see if they'll be headed into the office anytime soon. They could pull up to this poor lady's doorstep and say they're there to load the car. :)

Big Skyz
02-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Thump that would be too funny.

quercus alba
02-25-2014, 04:38 PM
I've got an 05 corolla with 139k miles on it with a $1500 Kentwood sound system, the tall thin sporty wheels that I would let go cheaper than that.