PDA

View Full Version : Aerial view of farm/bridge

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 01:16 PM
OK, I finally figured out how to do Google Earth and get an aerial view that makes sense.

Here is a pic of the farm, along Hwy 33. The Red Line is the way I have to go now. Out on the highway, down gravel road at Immanuel, back around, to the pin marked DEER STAND, in the woods. Woods are directly behind house, but I can't get there that way.

The Blue Line is the creek, the irrigation ditch, whatever................

The small Yellow Line is where I took the picture, where the bridge would go. If it were there, I could go around on a new path, which is the GREEN line.........

Make more sense?

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Farm%20Pics/Farmlayout_zps655a9bd3.jpg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Farm%20Pics/Farmlayout_zps655a9bd3.jpg.html)

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2014, 01:26 PM
You should have ducks. But I figured it can't be true, otherwise I'd have had an invite.

BKB

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Here's an even better drawing. The purple is an alternate route I can take.........the LONG way.........and muddier once I enter the fields. But it crosses the ditch at a culvert down by the shop.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Farm%20Pics/Farmlayout_zps891f4f8a.jpg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Farm%20Pics/Farmlayout_zps891f4f8a.jpg.html)

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 01:34 PM
No ducks. Nearby, ducks. Here, no ducks. Big Red X on field (not on this picture) where reservoir used to be. X written in Duckese. It says "Land elsewhere".

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Import some beavers. Dam that damn ditch up. Hide. Shoot ducks. Repeat as necessary. You're down there in duck heaven building freakin deer stands.

BKB

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Feathered liver. Ugh. Beavers already dam up the ditch. Farmer blows it. Beavers dam it up. Farmer blows it.

Ducks have no antlers. Deer taste like red meat. Soybean deer have huge antlers. Big necks.

No contest.

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Now that you're landed gentry down there in SE Arkansas you need to turn to soft mouthed retrievers and Browning A5s instead of horns and swelled parts of anatomy.

BKB

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
I am just an in-law. I am ALLOWED to hunt there.

Bwana
02-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Several things:
- Why don't you just put up a stand east of the house, then you can walk from the yard and not have to cross the creek? Looks like several places with potential. Trust me, you don't HAVE to be in the middle of the deepest, darkest woods you can find to get into a deer.
- The green line looks like it goes right down a deer travel corridor to me. If you just put on a pair of rubber boots and walked from the yard you could still hunt your way along that same route and stop every now and then to catch your breath along the way.
- Why do you drive so close to the stand? Aren't you afraid alerting the critters or are they used to hearing "wheelies" running all over that country?
- looks like there are several other places where stands could be erected.
- Looks like you could put

BarryBobPosthole
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
The man won't walk eight blocks to see the best baseball team in the world. You think he's going to walk two blocks further than that to kill a deer? And there's always the off chance he might kill one so he worries about that too.

BKB

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Bwana, I'm ahead of you.

I have at least 3 other stands sitting around waiting to be put up. There are lots of places to put one. The pin is where I have a tower stand I already bought and began to clear out.

IF I can get some help down there (and my buddy will try and come help next month sometime maybe), the first thing we're going to do is clear better lanes on the existing stand, the second is erect THREE more stands (all over) and clear lanes for them, and if/when ALL that gets done, then this bridge idea can be dealt with.

However, directly east of the house is..........not all ours. The aerial looks like the property line is north side of those trees north of house.........but it's not, it's about halfway into those trees. But due east of the house is good spot to catch 'em coming into fields....and I've hunted there in a ground blind. It's better if the early season coincides with the time when beans are NOT yet harvested!!! And then from 5:10 to 5:30 it can be good.

and there are at least 3 more spots inside the 80 acre woods that deserve a stand.

But no matter what I do, I still need to get back to the woods more easily. The other stuff, erecting new stands, all that........is a given.......but I know what I'm going to do there, didn't need advice. It's this stinking bridge that I'm not knowledgeable on and need advice.

If I kill one, and IF I can get a cell signal (very iffy), I can get help to drag it out.

Buckrub
02-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Bwana, here............. (I'm tickled I finally learned how to manipulate Google Earth aerial shots.............ha....just keep adding stuff to this to make it make sense). Stand 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are potential spots I've found already. I have 3 ladder stands ready to go for some of them.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk131/Buck7088/Farm%20Pics/FarmLayout_zps420fdc40.jpg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Farm%20Pics/FarmLayout_zps420fdc40.jpg.html)

There's even more land, not in this picture. See the trees north of the "N" in Needmore road? The ones west of the field west of the "33" sign on the highway? That's a strip of trees that I've hunted, there's 80 acres of field there, plus that strip, too...........but there's a jerkhead that lives over there that I don't want to have a run in with. I'd blow up, he'd burn the farmhouse down, just better that I stay away from that 80............

Arty
02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
I have the perfect solution...

Stop driving the wheelie right up under the stand.

You MIGHT see more deer.

Just sayin'.

:thumbsup

Captain
02-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I have the perfect solution... Stop driving the wheelie right up under the stand. You MIGHT see more deer. Just sayin'. :thumbsup

Oh No he did'unt....
Snap!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
02-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Barf Road??? Ha ha ha ha! :D

Captain
02-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Bar F Road you pUMpHEAD

Thumper
03-01-2014, 04:03 AM
Duh! I know that dipwad ... but Bar-F ain't funny. ;)

Buckrub
03-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Would be if you knew the guy...............

Big Muddy
03-01-2014, 02:50 PM
...."""but there's a jerkhead that lives over there that I don't want to have a run in with. I'd blow up, he'd burn the farmhouse down, just better that I stay away from that 80"""....

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but is that 80 acres part of ya'lls farm, and you're scared to hunt it because a local bully hunts it???

If so, then you need to """adjust your nuts""". ;)

Buckrub
03-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Not scared to hunt it. I hunt it. Scared is wrong word. My son has had a run in with him, and handled it civilly. I'd have shot his ass. I don't need that. This is an unoccupied house 95% of the time, and he lives around the corner. I've lost a boat motor and a boat trailer already. I have a TV there, dish, old truck, lots of stuff......... To make an overt enemy of him is not smart, any way you cut it. Not a matter of my nuts that need adjusting. My nuts are fine. One day I WILL ram his hat down his throat. But my brain is finer......at least in this case. I have many places to hunt on this land, and if I choose to work on other spots first (his area is not a prime spot whatsoever, but it has an occasional deer wander through), is not a case of having unadjusted nuts. At least that's my opinion.

Thumper
03-02-2014, 12:10 AM
Sounds like you need a couple of o/s video cameras around that place. But I still don't understand why it would cause a "run in" with him if you're simply hunting your own property. I don't get it.

Big Muddy
03-02-2014, 01:55 AM
Hey, I got an idea.....invite him over for a "bridge party." ;)

Captain
03-02-2014, 04:37 AM
Hey, I got an idea.....invite him over for a "bridge party." ;)

Now you owe me a cup of coffee! That was funny.

Buckrub
03-02-2014, 11:07 AM
That one WAS funny. I didn't get the other one.

:)

Buckrub
03-02-2014, 11:11 AM
I don't need a camera. I just need to go stand in front of the big white stake, with about 100 lbs. of rice bran, in the middle of MY field that he can see 150 yards from his house. When confronted, he said (to my son) "Oh, my wife just likes to take pictures of deer. Besides, why don't you go hunt your woods, there are bigger deer over there than here".

I'd have turned his lights out for two things at that point. We knocked down his pile, and took down his post.....which he erected by trespassing. Past that, he'd burn the farmhouse down, and I don't need that just to prove my manhood, nor to work a place next to his house. None of that stops me from hunting our land there, I do. But I also know he trespasses and if I truly stop it, he'll retaliate. And I'm still considering whether I should or not, but I've had hunting 'control' over this situation only 2 years, and I'm trying to not fight all battles on all fronts all at the same time, with just one gun.