PDA

View Full Version : Wild, wonderful weather!

Arty
03-02-2014, 03:55 PM
78 and sunny here today. You have to take advantage of a day like this so I started out at 8am splitting a big ole pile of wood. After that was shed cleanup. Geez a got a lot stuff that I never use but by golly it's in there if I ever need it!
Now enjoying a bottle of suds, and preparing myself for grill duty tonight

Deer burgers. Grilled bell peppers, onions, zucchini. Baked beans on the smoker.

What a day!
FYI. Snow forecasted tomorrow.

Wtf?

jb
03-02-2014, 04:33 PM
That's about the perfect temp as far as I"m concerned, that is what we had in FL for the past week.
Glad you could get out and enjoy it before the crap starts again.
Came home a few days early, didn't want to drive through "Titan".
Really missed a chance to visit with Captain, but even though I've had 53 years experience driving in snow I just didn't want to do it in places like TN, KY, and IL where they don't know how to handle weather like that.
Made it into MI about 6PM last night, had snow and blowing snow for the next two hours, got home about 10PM.
Woke up this AM to 2 degrees, high today of 6. Really miss the 75-80 degrees we were in just a few days ago.
If we're lucky, in 30 days it'll start to look and feel like spring, counting the days.

BaseballCoach (Rev A)
03-02-2014, 04:45 PM
60 here today but the local TV channels are already running winter storm warnings starting at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Predicting 4-8 inches tomorrow and a low of 10 by Tuesday morning. Typical March weather for our part of VA.

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2014, 04:46 PM
13 and thundersleet here. Been sleeting since about midnight or so. Its trying to change over to snow now and hopefully it will. You would have thought some apocalyptic event happened. I think that's the one real indication that global warming is real: people bitch so goddamned much about the winter when its pretty much what a normal winter used to look like. Every single person I know is bitching about the weather but me.

Oh. Maybe I'm the idiot.

BKB

Thumper
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Beach weather here. Bubba, I was wondering if we'd cross paths this trip. I'm hoping to get up to Larke's "maybe" tomorrow (?). Was scheduled for surgery tomorrow, but just found out they sent my surgeon to a mountain outpost in Afghanistan to patch up some soldiers there. My surgery's been rescheduled for later this month, so I figure I might zip up to the beach house and make Larke buy my dinner. :D

jb
03-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Monday was our date for Larke also, maybe next year.

Chicken Dinner
03-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Up near 60 here today. I decided to get a bike ride in before our impending doom hits. I think about half of the DC area had the same idea as the bike trail was packed with bikers and runners. Raining now, then sleet, ice, and 6-10" of snow by 6pm tomorrow. Low tomorrow night if 6. It'll probably be 80 this time next week...

Arty
03-02-2014, 07:02 PM
78 today. 14 tomorrow night. 61 this weekend.

Captain
03-02-2014, 09:18 PM
JB we hate we missed y'all. Would had loved to caught up some.
Come on over Kribbs. We be fishing all day tomorrow and we will quit a little early and go to Salt Water Cowboys tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jb
03-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Captain, carried that old Ford wrench with me all the way down and back, sure would have loved to drop that thing off to ya.
May have to make a special trip to get rid of it.

Captain
03-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Tell Doug to take a few days off and come on back down and shoot another Turkey! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HideHunter
03-03-2014, 10:15 AM
5" of snow yesterday and -10 this morning. Waaaaay better than that 80 degree crap. I haven't seen a gnat for weeks.. and weeks .. ;)

Thumper
03-03-2014, 10:22 AM
-10 this morning ..... I haven't seen a gnat for weeks.. and weeks ..:D

-10 degrees?????? Heck, you prolly haven't seen your PECKER for weeks ... and weeks! ;)

Bwana
03-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Currently 4 degrees with a "feels like" temp of negative 14 but looking at temps mid-week of about 30 degrees…time to dig out the summer wardrobe.

jb
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
We had -16 this AM, farther inland from the lake it was -31.
Not to many days left before this is just a memory.

LJ3
03-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Oh. Maybe I'm the idiot.

BKB

Well THAT only took, what? 58 years?