PDA

View Full Version : It's is finished.....

Big Muddy
03-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Hunting seasons ended....no more, chasing ducks, squirrels, rabbits, deer, or coons....at least, not legally ;)

Had out last rabbit hunt a couple of days, ago, on some CRP land that is SO thick, that it hasn't been hunted, at all, in years.

Day'um rabbits were in every little briar patch....dogs would jump one, and another one would cross in front of them....they finally figured it out, and separated into three groups....that made for some of the best Beagle-races, I've ever heard!!!

We coulda killed a ton, if we coulda hit them thru that thick brush....the four of us finished with 18 huge swampers.

Overall, it has been a terrific year for hunting, here in the great deep south.

Any of you guys, are welcome to come down some time.

You can visit and hunt, all you want, but we don't want any more permanent residents....we are strange and a little greedy, about that. ;););)

Buckrub
03-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Harumph! You bought OUR state's property!!! :wink

Course, that's way better than all the Yankees buying land in north Arkansas! (You're welcome any time).

I haven't rabbit hunted in years. This was supposed to be the year we all went squirrel hunting at camp, but of course, it never panned out. Driveway still covered in ice from last Sunday, can't get boat out (and nowhere to go if I did). Getting cabin fever..........

Big Skyz
03-06-2014, 11:18 AM
Ed don't y'all have turkeys on your place? I thought you guys got to gear up for that earlier in the South than most of the rest of us get to.

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2014, 11:47 AM
that sounds like a terrific way to end the season Eddie. Nothing prettier than listening to those kinds of races.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Sky, the ice storm from a couple of years ago, ran the turkeys off my place....it'll be some time before I have a huntable population.

Besides, turkey hunting interferes with the crappie spawn. ;)

Big Skyz
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Can't argue with your logic. :D