PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Goodhunting Get Together - - May 16 - May 19

Arty
03-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Ok. The secret committee met, and by majority vote, Here's the details.

WHEN: May 16th (Friday) to May 19th (Monday).

WHERE: The Moors Resort and Marina 570 Moors Road Gilbertsville, KY 42044 http://www.moorsresort.com/lodge/lodge.htm

WHO: All members of the Goodhunting Clan (or is it Klan? As is Ku Klu...well nevermind).

WHY: To fish, fellowship, eat, and get drunk and tell big lies

REQUIRED ACTION: Reply to this post - or inbox me or anyone else on the secret committee.

OTHER INFO: The lodge currently has 10 rooms available for this weekend. All rooms are 2 queens beds, so you can double up with your favorite Goodhunting buddy (I PICK SUNSHINE!!!! :) ) OR you can have your own room. The rooms are 82$ a night, tax included. Each room has fridge, microwave, cable, coffee pot, etc. The Lodge requires 1 night paid up front for each room reserved. If you cancel it 30 days or more in advance they refund you through a gift card to use at a later date. If you cancel within 30 days you lose the $ period. For this reason, we need to know WHO IS GOING AND WHO/IF YOU WILL BE BUNKING UP WITH

EVEN MORE INFO: There is a restaurant on site that Mariah (cute sounding southern girl) says is very good. Marina and bait is right there on site. They have pontoons ($275 a day) and jon boats ($60 a day) to rent. They have a pavilion that you can rent for $50 that has a grill if we want to have a big cook out versus going to a restaurant. A "small" town is 10 minutes away. It has a grocery store, smaller restaurants, etc. Paducah is 30 minutes away and of course would have everything in case of emergency (Liquor, women and food). :bj

I think that covers all of it. Any other questions just holler and I'll answer, or someone else can answer.

I won't put a deadline on when to respond with your RSVP, I'll leave that to majority, but I will say that with only 10 rooms available, we prolly ought to keep any grass from growing betwixt our feet! Once all have responded and we determine how many rooms, I'd be glad to put the whole deposit down for the 1st night and y'all can send me the $$$. Small handling fee will be waived for all who bring beer that can be shared :rockon OR - if someone not comfortable with that then it could be done through the Goodhunting coffers I suppose (but that's not my area).

Buckrub
03-10-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm in. You picked a spot with no camping............so I guess I leave the wife home and bring the boat.

If it's just you and me, we need to discuss............

I need a bed to myself and nowhere near Thump.

Posthole ain't speaking to me, but he can stop at my house and ride with me. He doesn't have to talk to me on the trip. I can talk enough for both of us.

Buckrub
03-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Who I want to see show up, other than me and Arty:
Thump's out, that sucks.

Cappy
Posthole
Trav
Chicken Dinner
Birddog
Bubba
Ed
Len
Big Sky
Egg
Niner
Hidehunter
Tightline
Airbud
Baseball Coach
Cards01
LW
Fido
Johnboy (yeah, that's quite a haul)
Sunshine probably won't make it but would like for her to
Who'd I leave out?

Arty
03-10-2014, 07:40 PM
According to the poll....here's who said the weekend that was picked was best for them.

Arty,
BarryBobPosthole,
Captain,
Chicken Dinner,
LJ3,
quercus alba
Dilligaf
Niner
Trav
Big Boy

So we SHOULD have a turn out.

Trav
03-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I think I can make that weekend.

HideHunter
03-10-2014, 08:29 PM
I got turkey hunters for two weeks right in there. Love to meet you guys someday.

Bwana
03-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Since Bucky didn't put me on the list I guess I'm not invited. ;)

The reality is that my oldest graduates from high school the next weekend and I am QUITE certain the missus will have a honey-do list longer then my arm for me to be working on that weekend. Sure would love to be there though. Enjoy yourselves and have one for me!

Niner
03-11-2014, 05:28 AM
I was hoping to be a little higher on your list Bucky. I'm pouting a little :(

Hey Ticboy, your higher on the list than ME, and I am....well......ME!!

Seriously, At this point I don't know If I'll be in the hospital or what. Since this whole deal was my hair brained idea, it would be kindof rude for me not to be there. At this time, unless I am "medically detained", I am planning on being there.

If I cannot be there, it sure would be a fantastic idea to do a Facetime call with someone that has an iPad/iPhone.

Chicken Dinner
03-11-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks for making the effort to get this organized. I'm trying to confirm whether I have a potential conflict with a work trip and a Cub Scout campout. I'll report back as soon as I can. Is anyone thinking about bringing family?

Niner
03-11-2014, 11:30 AM
IF I'm able to make it, my Mrs will most likely be coming along.

Arty
03-11-2014, 12:06 PM
So far the then it's

Yea's: me, Bucky

Maybe's: trav, niner, CD, LJ

Nay's: thump, sunshine, bwana, hide hunter.

Birddog
03-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Put me in the "nay" column. Wish I could do it, but it just ain't in the stars this time around.

Buckrub
03-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Dang.

Bwana, I didn't forget you, I just.............um, had a 'senior moment'. And there weren't no meaning to the relativeness of the list. I bet I forgot lots of folks. I bet I forget we're doing this till after it happens.

RT, ain't no sense in doing this for two folks..........I guess you know that.

And.........if it ain't now, it probably ain't ever..............which saddens me to no end.

Buckrub
03-11-2014, 05:13 PM
Up to 5 Okies can come here and ride rest of they way with me. Does that help, keith?

Captain
03-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Bucky slow down. Don't go canceling till folks have time to check schedules and post... Jeeeeus!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
03-11-2014, 06:14 PM
I wuzn't. I wuz upset we ain't got more Yea Howdy's!!!

Arty
03-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Trav said the weekend is good for him. I think we will have an okie contingent show up.

Captain
03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Looks like I'm in for the weekend. MAY have to leave Monday Morning early?
Is that the time we are breaking camp?

Arty
03-11-2014, 08:15 PM
I have to leave EARLY MONDAY. Gots to be home Monday night!

Captain
03-11-2014, 09:26 PM
That works for me....

Captain
03-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Len... Did you delete some more stuff here????

Buckrub
03-12-2014, 11:15 AM
And
Bwana
Dilligaf
Booger
Gus

Bad memory.

If you each had a unique number, I could remember them all. Names, not so much. :)

hotshot
03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Sounds fun! Sadly, my son has baseball somewhere. I have to coach tennis somewhere else.
Wish I could get near some cherry juice or similar concoction of Cappy.

Thumper
03-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Wish I could get near some cherry juice or similar concoction of Cappy.

No you don't! Trust me on this one. :D

Captain
03-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Bite me Thumper.... You sure didn't have no problem draining a jar the other week! ;-)

Thumper
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM
:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Buckrub
03-13-2014, 10:22 AM
And
Penguin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and QA
and.........(These keep coming to me in middle of night)

And who knows what happened to:
Chessie
Vermontah
Bubbles....and Hard Rock
and on and on

Arty
03-13-2014, 11:16 AM
I gots a gut feeling this is going to be a bust.
Don't blame me for not trying!

LJ3
03-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Big Boy
Carny
HunterEd
Chadwimic
Deputydog
cards01
flatlander
foo
gunther
Helen
hombre
johnboy
QA
TDB
Curt
treyball
yellowk9
tightline

Chicken Dinner
03-13-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm still working on it. But, haven't been able to free up the fourth day. As much as I'd liek to eat, drink and fish with you guys, two 12-13 hour drives with just one day of partying may be too much for me.

airbud7
03-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Beware...I might show up...You guys like Chicken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed49S2nyBD0

Buckrub
03-14-2014, 08:51 AM
I wish everybody would show up!!

LJ3
03-14-2014, 09:21 AM
See why I tried to prune down to relevant posts? Just sayin'.

Captain
03-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Good hunting policy has always been we don't delete post unless they are offensive. I think the only ones we have ever done were some Billy put up years ago.
If we start deleting post because they ain't on topic or rambling we will never have any.
I say no delete.
That was EXTREMELY confusing the other day.
Il all for people deleting their on stuff but not for admins to delete peoples comments.

LJ3
03-14-2014, 11:25 AM
I understand I freaked you out. Sorry about that! I won't do it again.

For the record... it's taking every ounce of strength I possess to not go delete the post you just made.

See how much I love you? :D

Captain
03-14-2014, 10:53 PM
My fishing buddy Len! I sure would like to get back up there and us go to my attorneys secret spot again. Man that is great fishing! Maybe I could guest star in a episode of the LJ fishing show. ;)

Niner
03-21-2014, 06:07 AM
<h1>Come on guys!!!</h1>
I'm gonna feel REALLY STUPID if I'm the only one that shows up for this thing!!

I say the bringing of significant others is not only a good idea...but in my case a really good idea for obvious reasons.

Hell's bells, it's just for a weekend....A whole week would be cool, but the reality is a weekend is a better timeframe IMHO.

If it's too far for ya to drive it AIN'T that far from Nashville. Planes land there ALL the time, and I'd just BET there's a bunch of rental car places there with "unlimited miles" on their rentals.

Thumper
03-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Well, I posted the FIRST response to this thread but "SOMEONE" ( ;) ) deleted it! I've had this particular time slot filled for almost a year now with a group of old intel buddies. Sure sounds like fun, but the conflicting dates screwed me. :(

Captain
03-21-2014, 08:09 AM
See how confusing that deleting crap is? ;)

Arty
03-21-2014, 08:42 AM
The way it's looking, it's gonna be 2-3 folks.
Sad, but understandable. Tough to plan anything and expect a good turn out with that kind of distance.

Thumper
03-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Looks to me like all the cool dudes are busy and the worthless dufes are the only one's available. :stirthepot

LJ3
03-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Pruning it to posts that say "Yes I'm coming" or "No I can't make it" is brilliant. If it confuses you, I worry for you :)

Oh wait, it was Russian hackers selectively deleting meaningless posts in a single thread. They prolly were going to abduct us all in Tennessee and put us on the Malaysian 777 :)

Thumper
03-21-2014, 12:14 PM
Does anyone else detect a smart-ass around this joint? ;)

Captain
03-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Does anyone else detect a smart-ass around this joint? ;)

I detect several, including me! :-)

LJ3
03-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Wait, what?

Buckrub
03-23-2014, 07:30 PM
Will SOMEONE in Authority give me an official notification at the earliest time if this thing is on, off, tentative, or what? I have to go to Georgia, Colorado, South Carolina, I guess Kentucky, and Missouri in 5 trips before May 30...............it'd be nice to KNOW whether to schedule in pencil or pen.

Thank you.

Arty
03-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Based on participation - I'd say tentative and leaning towards off.