PDA

View Full Version : NinerUpdate --- 3-15-14

Niner
03-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Well, here's the latest news on the Niner front.
The plan HAD been to check in here as an outpatient for focused radiation therapy. However, the the best laid plans of mice and men oft times go astray, as the saying goes.

The tumor has evidently grown faster than they'd thought it would, and has started compressing the sciatic nerve on my right side. If you've never had sciatic pain, let me just say that it is akin to the pain associated with a kidney stone, only worse.

Supposed to meet with my neurosurgeon sometime today to discuss the plans. The surgical/radiation/chemo team has had a number of discussions planning which way they think would be the best plan of attack for my difficult case.

Right now the plan is to operate on Tuesday, and remove the "badness"....that will be followed up with radiation, or chemo, or both. We won't have ALL the particulars until we meet with my neurosurgeon later today and will also know additional details after the surgery itself.

Gunther
03-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Pulling for ya buddy.

Bwana
03-15-2014, 11:24 AM
That sucks but keep that positive outlook & know we are all pulling for you.

Buckrub
03-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Geez, Bill. Sure praying hard for all this to just go away. You're doing good........keep it up. You tell me if you need anything.

I'll honk when I go 'by' on Tuesday......heading to GA to help my son move.

Arty
03-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Hang In there. Give it hell.

Chicken Dinner
03-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I'll keep praying, but I've just got this feeling you're going to kick this thing.

Big Skyz
03-15-2014, 02:18 PM
You know you have my support, best wishes, and prayers.

HideHunter
03-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Hang tough guy..Pulling for you

jb
03-15-2014, 03:33 PM
All the same here, get well soon.

Sunshine
03-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Well dadgumit!
Ok, so you've been through this before and we KNOW you can get through it.

So I want you to know, this bunch of yahoos are going to be sending you all kinds of good vibes, lots of prayers and a sense of calm.

I wish you weren't having to go through this, but you CAN DO IT!!!

I know the sciatica pain and kidney stone pain, you are talking about. Its worst then giving birth to twins!!!
Bite the bullet and hopefully that pain will be gone soon.

You, your family and us need you to stay strong and focused on getting better.
Hang in there and please keep us posted.

Got lots a prayers to help you through it!!!

Besides I need you to keep these guys in check!!! :D So do what you need to do and check in too.

Captain
03-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Praying for you double time Buddy. We still got deer to shoot and fish to catch. Let me know when you are ready for some SC farm therapy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
03-15-2014, 09:01 PM
I'll honk when I go 'by' on Tuesday......heading to GA to help my son move.

Buckster, either you need to update your GPS for that trip from Arkansas to Georgia ... or I hope you have a REALLY loud horn! The 9'er's in Houston. ;)

Hang in there Bill ... we're all pulling for you.

Sheeesh, this is the week for surgeries. I'm getting up at 4:00 am to take a close friend to the hospital for surgery on Monday (has to check-in at 6:00 am for pre-op). Your surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and mine is on Wednesday. Dang ... sounds like a rough week. I wish you the best buddy. BTW, Lynn just told me this morning, to let you know, if you or Di need anything that we can help you with once you get home, she'll take some time off and we can be there in 7 hours.

Buckrub
03-15-2014, 10:23 PM
I'm in Savannah on Wednesday, Thursday, maybe through Saturday. That's close enough, if you need me, you call............I'm there.

Hang in there.

Fido
03-16-2014, 08:36 AM
Your in my prayers every day Bill!

LJ3
03-16-2014, 09:24 AM
I firmly believe that positive thoughts and intentions are as powerful, or more, than any medicine that can be thrown your way. You got this buddy.

Sunshine
03-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Be nice to the nurses Jim and Niner!!! :)
Lots of prayers, everything is going to go well for both of you. :)

Thumper
03-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the good thoughts, but please direct ALL those good vibes towards Mr. 9'er. This is surgery ... ummm ... 10 (I think?) for me and it's getting to be pretty routine and no big deal. Bill has some serious hurdles to conquer and with the power this place holds, we can help pull him through this. I met Bill (the first time) many, MANY years ago. He's one of the good guys and Di is solid gold.