PDA

View Full Version : Toyota in big trouble!

Sunshine
03-19-2014, 05:49 PM
:)

Chicken Dinner
03-19-2014, 06:47 PM
No bigger than GM. (Not that either situation is okay.)

Captain
03-19-2014, 07:47 PM
I thought Toyota might have been in big trouble cause they were trying to find Oklahoma... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
03-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Shame on you Cappy. ;)

Yeppers ... check out GM's latest snafu ... ooops, I blinked, make that plural now .. (snafus?).

If you tried to keep up with all the recalls through the year (of ALL auto makers), it would make your head spin. Welcome to corporate America.

Captain
03-19-2014, 09:02 PM
What??? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Niner
03-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Hahahahahaah.....Hohohohohoho...heheheheheh...
ERIC HOLDER?!?!?!?!?!?!?
"Put simply, Toyota’s conduct was shameful," said U.S. Attorney General Eric Holden. "It showed a blatant disregard for systems and laws designed to look after the safety of consumers. By the company’s own admission, it protected its brand ahead of its own customers.

Pot......meet kettle!!!

Chicken Dinner
03-20-2014, 08:07 AM
What??? ;-) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Check the news from earlier this week, Larke. They're saying this fine is probably the model for what GM will be hit with for lying about an ignition switch problem that has been linked to at least 31 accidents and 12 deaths. Even though they've now apologized and issued a recall, the last I heard they still haven't notified the victims and next if kin in those accidents/deaths that they were at fault.

Shameful and inexcusable corporate behavior on all counts.

Thumper
03-20-2014, 08:27 AM
C.D. ... Larke's posts were actually an "inside joke" directed at me .... (or actually, someone we all know in Okieville) :D

Chicken Dinner
03-20-2014, 09:04 AM
Yes, shouldn't a certain someone jump on here and admit he's just been assimilated by the Borg Collective? Or, are we going to have to out him?

Thumper
03-20-2014, 10:48 AM
He may be ashamed to show his face around here now. First the wifey ... and now hisowndamnself! I guess that's 100% for a 2-car family. What's this world coming to? ;)