PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!!!!

Thumper
03-25-2014, 09:34 AM
I had another surgery yesterday and as promised, my doc let me come home afterwards to recover here. I was a bit sore last night ... but man-o-man ... today I feel like I've been kicked in the back by a frigging horse! I've got the "good drugs" here, but trying to get by on Tylenol instead. Dang! It hurts to breathe ... but really doesn't feel any different than the last 9-10 surgeries.

Do we have a "Whining Forum" around this place? Maybe somewhere around the Fishing, Footbasebasketball, or Wheat Crop Forums? ;)

LJ3
03-25-2014, 09:38 AM
If you'da got some fucking dirt and rubbed it in this when it started you would have moved on to telling stories about f*&^ing Elvis by now.

Big Muddy
03-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Two words-----Sea Foam !!!! ;)

(Seriously, hope you get to feeling better, you ole coot.)

Thumper
03-25-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm only looking for ONE thing ... sympathy!

HA!!! Like I'll find any of THAT around this joint. ;)

HideHunter
03-25-2014, 10:14 AM
To resurrect an old one: "In the dictionary, right between shit and syphilis".. ;) Feel better..

Niner
03-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Damnit Jimmy, you do NOT get any gold stars for NOT taking your pain meds.

Been there, done that......I LIKE not hurting....as much.

Thumper
03-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Got a big ol' bottle of percocet here just in case, but trying to avoid 'em. It's been hurting 24/7 for over 4 years now so I'm kind'a used to it.

How are your treatments coming along Bill? Don't you start that focused radiation this week?

Big Skyz
03-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Bucky thinks the entire site is a whine forum. ;)

johnboy
03-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Take the damm drugs, man! Like niner said, no extra points for being a hard ass. Do whatever you need to do to get past the bad times. Thinking about you and wishing you get better.

Thumper
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I'm taking it easy around the house for a few days ... so I can get by on the Tylenol. I'm saving the heavy-duty stuff for when I want to leave the house, etc. Heck, I've had heavy scripts of both morphine and percocet for over 4 years now, so I can pretty much tell when I REALLY need them. So far, so good ... a bit painful, but not unbearable.

Niner
03-25-2014, 06:08 PM
How are your treatments coming along Bill? Don't you start that focused radiation this week?

Yepper Jim. They start the radiation surgeries tomorrow. Having the treatments tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. Then we'll see what we shall see as far as results. Won't really know much until the next round of MRI's and such in 6-8 weeks. I'm praying for all I'm worth that this is gonna be the ticket. It's in God's hands for sure....but all prayers and "good vibes" are always welcomed. :)

The good news right now is that all the steroids they're feeding me, and the new pain meds are having me feeling pretty good (normal). In fact, I told Di last night that I was feeling better than I've felt in months and months. TOO bad they can't just keep feeding me massive amounts of steroids forever. :(

Thumper
03-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Wishing you the best Bill. A painless day makes for a REALLY good day! No pain is "normal" and something we just take for granted ... UNTIL you lose all that "normalcy". I've truthfully forgotten what it's like to NOT hurt ... and can't help but wonder if I'll EVER not hurt again.

Keep us informed on how you handle the radiation treatments. I "assume" since they're "focused" ... they may be a bit easier to handle. Right?

Captain
03-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Hope you get to feeling better soon Thumphead! I know you have been through the ringer.
Mr Green should be at your house today or tomorrow. Maybe that will make you feel a little better!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Oh, I just texted you. Nevermind. ;)

Buckrub
03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Send me some of the drugs you ain't taking. I am dying here.

P.S.
I'm a WAY bigger Wuss than you, so I will actually use them.

P.S.S.
No, I couldn't deal with what you have done. You and Niner amaze me. Truly.

Bwana
03-25-2014, 11:11 PM
As Bucky eluded to, you gents (Thump & Niner) are truly an inspiration. Best of luck to you both b